Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Thank You, Jesus..... May I Have Another?"
"Thank You, Jesus..... May I Have Another?"
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2011121...SEPG1.html

Quote:IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - An Irvine couple who suspected their 15-year-old son of smoking turned to a man believed to be relied on in their church to violently discipline children, authorities said.

[Image: animalhousescene.gif]

RE: "Thank You, Jesus..... May I Have Another?"
Fuck's sake:

Quote:Kim hit the child with a metal pole about a dozen times, causing severe bruising on his legs, according to Bachmann. The pole was about an inch in diameter, investigators said.

Any xtians want to try to justify this? I'm supposed to have no moral centre, being seperated from a god and all, and even I know that this is wrong. As do the police, fortunately for society.

(Also re: Min's picture, right foreground - isn't that Kent Hovind? That would actually explain a lot.)

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'm a Christian, and no, I would not try to justify this. The fact that this was considered an option by the parents and others in their congregation is a pretty good indicator as to why the boy was being disobedient, assuming it wasn't all in their heads. This is flat out wrong and it's good that they arrested the guy.
You seem like a reasonable sort....at least to begin.

Of course, these nut jobs can point to your bible for justification.

Quote:Proverbs 13:24

New International Version (NIV)

24 Whoever spares the rod hates their children,
but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.
Then there was this little piece of biblical love, as far as I can make out since withdrawn from sale but who can say for certain how many are still in use out there...

About the only 'good' thing to be said about this is at least it's not made of metal.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You know, we could just forgo the death penalty and lock these douchebags up with all of the murderers. Thunderdome with serial killers and Christians! Nice.
I'd buy that for a dollar.
(December 10, 2011 at 9:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You seem like a reasonable sort....at least to begin.

Of course, these nut jobs can point to your bible for justification.

I'm happy to be considered reasonable! To the point, there is a massive difference between a parent using a certain degree of physical discipline (something that does not cause injury) and a parent hiring some weirdo to cane their child for them. Leaving a bruise is not discipline, it's abuse.
(December 10, 2011 at 11:59 pm)TheGreatestHoopty Wrote:

[/quote]

Which is basically trite double talk meaning "Thou shall beat the shit out of your children if they don't place me, the psychiatric case from Galilee, above all else, but I, the psychiatric case from Galilee, hereby absolves myself of any responsibility should blame descend upon you for beating the shit out of your children"
Quote:Leaving a bruise is not discipline, it's abuse.

I agree with you, Hoop. Some of your fellow xtians may accuse you of heresy, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4355 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10037 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5367 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3923 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christians, what is it like to have a personal relationship with Jesus? GrandizerII 95 9028 July 16, 2016 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34257 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4233 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Another "I saw Jesus" claim Foxaèr 94 16858 May 23, 2015 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7196 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Oh jesus you naughty boy. You know what I like baby. Zidneya 32 9332 September 17, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Zidneya