Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate keyboard layouts.
Alternate keyboard layouts.
Do you use them? I'm typing (trying) in Colemak right now.
RE: Alternate keyboard layouts.
I've been QWERTY every day since I was 6 years old basically...for over 14 and a half years. So I'm not going to change now lol.

EvF
I use qwerty at home and the Dutch office (US international layout). Qwertz when I am in Germany. Azerty-dot in Belgium, French Azerty in France, and UK Qwerty in the UK. Always great fun when i need to type my passwords blind. Smile

I used to have a dvorak keyboard but they are hard to come by nowadays.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
There are other layouts of keyboards? o.o
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(June 2, 2009 at 9:12 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: There are other layouts of keyboards? o.o
Yup. I once tried to type with Dvorak because apparently it is faster.
I usually use UK qwerty. However due to various operating systems tenancy to default to US qwerty I often find myself using that.
Hoi Zaeme.
I actually prefer US qwerty over UK. It makes sense to have " and ' on the same key.
(June 2, 2009 at 9:12 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: There are other layouts of keyboards? o.o

Yes. They are are used in that area called "the rest of the world" Thinking
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
The nearest I ever got to an alternative is a comfy curved (and preferably split) style keyboard.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
(June 2, 2009 at 1:12 pm)leo-rcc Wrote:

Yes. They are are used in that area called "the rest of the world" Thinking

Well I figured keyboards would be different for languages that don't use the alphabet, but I didn't realize there were different layouts for English keyboards.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard Warriors WinterHold 3 365 September 3, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  What's your alternate ending? FlyingNarwhal 12 2709 July 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Alternate Moody Versions Of The Incredible Hulk Edwardo Piet 3 1477 December 31, 2012 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: frankiej