Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your alternate ending?
What's your alternate ending?
So we all have our view of what the end holds for us. But no matter if what your belief or disbelief is, if you could create your own alternative ending what would it be?

For example my alternative ending would be a little bit of a combination of the "Brain in the Vat" or "Matrix" theory, where the world I am in now is just a virtual projection connected to my brain that is created by a futuristic society, and reincarnation.

Essentially the big picture would be that this future society hooks your brain up from the moment you are born until the time you turn 18 (or whatever the age of an adult would be in the future). During that block of time you experience multiple lives at accelerated speeds so that you can fit hundreds of lifetimes into a mere 18 years. Once you become of age, you are disconnected from the apparatus with the knowledge of all of the lives you experienced. The idea being that having experienced so many lives from so many different perspectives is in a way a rite of passage that allows you to become a better person.
RE: What's your alternate ending?
LOL, you know, that's actually a pretty good idea. Course, one wonders what might happen if someone wakes up with the knowledge of having been SF in one life, and a serial killer in the next - and really liked both (relative to all of the other "boring" lives)....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Mine would be a bit like the tv show "Lost"

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Is it strange if I just go for the good old boring "die in your sleep" routine?
Fade to black...

And then

Wonderland. Just like falling down the rabbit hole.
(June 28, 2013 at 2:08 am)plaincents822 Wrote: Essentially the big picture would be that this future society hooks your brain up from the moment you are born until the time you turn 18 (or whatever the age of an adult would be in the future). During that block of time you experience multiple lives at accelerated speeds so that you can fit hundreds of lifetimes into a mere 18 years. Once you become of age, you are disconnected from the apparatus with the knowledge of all of the lives you experienced. The idea being that having experienced so many lives from so many different perspectives is in a way a rite of passage that allows you to become a better person.

Are you a writer? Because that sounds like a story to put down.
If the brain in the jar theory were true, I must be involved in some bizarre experiment where my overlords are seeing how I react in a world where people have different bizarre superstitious beliefs, want to force everyone else to believe them too, and will even fight wars for these beliefs, not to mention oppressing others while claiming to be oppressed themselves. The overlords have quite the sense of humor.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
The metastable universe and vacuum instability.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Coming to in a realization that the life I lived was but a delusion in the time between the opening of the trapdoor and the final embrace of the noose around my neck.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
LOL, that's Moros, warming hearts and making everyone feel all happy..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 550820 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Never ending story (serious edition) robvalue 38 4417 September 14, 2016 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Never Ending Story: 3 words or sentences? robvalue 8 1742 October 30, 2015 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Never Ending Story recap&commentary thread Lucanus 171 17118 June 30, 2015 at 4:55 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Alternate Moody Versions Of The Incredible Hulk Edwardo Piet 3 1479 December 31, 2012 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Alternate keyboard layouts. lrh9 14 5112 June 4, 2009 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Rob