Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annulments are moronic!
Annulments are moronic!
A friend of my wife's was married to her first husband for 15+ years and they had two kids together. She got divorced and married another guy. They have since had another kid. This woman decided to get an annulment of the first marriage so she could have her second marriage recognized by the church. And they gave it to her! To me, this is idiocy! How can they annul a marriage that lasted 15+ years and produced two kids? Their reasoning was that when she entered into the first marriage she didn't have a sense of "permanency". WTF? These dopes make you attend counseling sessions before marriage so you understand what you're getting into. And then they're going to say, "Well, you didn't really understand" when the marriage fails? What bullshit! It seems to me that they allow this crap so they don't chase away the sheep.

Anyone else know someone who got an annulment? And what are your thoughts?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
RE: Annulments are moronic!
Divorce, annulment, splitting up, I don't care what people call it. People should be able to do it if they want to, and there shouldn't be any barriers preventing them from marrying someone else.
Quote:And they gave it to her!

Catholic fuckballs will do anything if the price is right.
(April 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Divorce, annulment, splitting up, I don't care what people call it. People should be able to do it if they want to, and there shouldn't be any barriers preventing them from marrying someone else.

I agree. My point is that the church doesn't allow divorce, but they'll give you a bullshit annulment on flimsy grounds. This seems to be their way of keeping the sheep coming to the church and filling the collection plate.
(April 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

I have no doubt money is major factor in granting annulments. Don't want the sheep fleeing to another church!

Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(April 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm)Thor Wrote: A friend of my wife's was married to her first husband for 15+ years and they had two kids together. She got divorced and married another guy. They have since had another kid. This woman decided to get an annulment of the first marriage so she could have her second marriage recognized by the church. And they gave it to her! To me, this is idiocy! How can they annul a marriage that lasted 15+ years and produced two kids? Their reasoning was that when she entered into the first marriage she didn't have a sense of "permanency". WTF? These dopes make you attend counseling sessions before marriage so you understand what you're getting into. And then they're going to say, "Well, you didn't really understand" when the marriage fails? What bullshit! It seems to me that they allow this crap so they don't chase away the sheep.

I agree.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 19, 2012 at 6:08 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(April 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm)Thor Wrote: A friend of my wife's was married to her first husband for 15+ years and they had two kids together. She got divorced and married another guy. They have since had another kid. This woman decided to get an annulment of the first marriage so she could have her second marriage recognized by the church. And they gave it to her! To me, this is idiocy! How can they annul a marriage that lasted 15+ years and produced two kids? Their reasoning was that when she entered into the first marriage she didn't have a sense of "permanency". WTF? These dopes make you attend counseling sessions before marriage so you understand what you're getting into. And then they're going to say, "Well, you didn't really understand" when the marriage fails? What bullshit! It seems to me that they allow this crap so they don't chase away the sheep.

I agree.

Yeah! Catholics aren't True Christians. Ain't that right, G-C?
(April 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Catholic fuckballs deemed a four legged, furry mammal a fish so that Spaniards can eat mammal flesh on a day when the eating of meat is prohibited.

Just think, even these fuckballs are still so much smarter more sensible than so many other christians.

(April 19, 2012 at 6:27 pm)Paul the Human Wrote:
(April 19, 2012 at 6:08 pm)Godschild Wrote:

I agree.

Yeah! Catholics aren't True Christians. Ain't that right, G-C?

Those are your words not mine.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:Just think, even these fuckballs are still so much smarter more sensible than so many other christians.

It's pretty much a toss up, no?

I'm on your side there. Legalism over the top.
(April 19, 2012 at 6:27 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Yeah! Catholics aren't True Christians. Ain't that right, G-C?

They occasionally decide Mary does not qualify as "co-redemptrix" and get saved. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Chat log) Debate with moronic Christian. Update. 2 Live_free 1 2155 September 2, 2010 at 3:23 am
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels