Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Chat log) Debate with moronic Christian. Update. 2
(Chat log) Debate with moronic Christian. Update. 2
I recently got into a "debate" with a theist on youtube after a video I made as a response to how stupid "shockofgod" on youtube was being. It got into the pm's and that is when things got funny. I laughed and felt like banging my head against the table at every turn. Feel free to read through them and laugh as I did. It is kind-of long but it a good read and funny and amusing as well as it gives a glimpse into the mind of a retard.
Note: I'm not saying all religious people are retards, just this particular person because he was. I am against organized religions for many reasons, although that is a different matter. But, I have nothing against anyone in particular.
Also yes there are some typos because I just typed quickly and did not proof read.

Me:
1) Atheism is not a faith because I'm not believing in or endorsing any idea/cause, I simply reject the idea religions have proposed.

2) There is no proof for god, if you think their is please pm me with it and I will review it. GIVE ME YOUR PROOF THEN.

3)You still havent provided any proof or evidence that I have denied nor did you in shocks room some weeks ago. You just rambled like you are now.

4)Again you proposed no evidence.

5) lul wat

Him:
1) YES it is a FAITH. You are putting faith in the idea that when you die you will become worm food and cease to exist fully and completely. That is a major faith you are following in light of evidence that says otherwise. : /

2) No proof? hahahahahahaha seriously.... there is far more evidence and proof for God than there is for your faith. The problem is you don't want to hear it, people like you will constantly demand proof but when things are offered up you will automatically shoot them down or say they are inaccurate or some other crap. I get tired of it, you are not interested at all, you are quite happy in your faith, you aren't looking for anything.

3) No there was a piece of evidence offered up and you did as expected. Seriously dude you have no interest in God or finding him, you just want to tell the billions of other people who know proof and evidence that they are wrong. Your faith hasn't offered me anything, where is YOUR PROOF & EVIDENCE??? Please I'm curious... if I have to deny God I better have some good evidence in my corner!

4) Pearls before swine, pearls before swine.... it's been offered.

5) "lul wat" says Justin. =)

Me:
1) Your definition of faith is arbitrary. The real definition is:
religion: a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality"
complete confidence in a person or plan etc; "he cherished the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust"
religion: an institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"
loyalty or allegiance to a cause or a person; "keep the faith"; "they broke faith with their investors"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
Also if you still think I have faith or belief then tell me what is it in? Because all atheism is me saying "There is no proof for a god so I don't believe in him". Just because I'm not buying what you are selling doesn't mean I'm selling something else. The "You are putting faith in the idea that when you die you will become worm food and cease to exist fully and completely." This is not a faith it is what happens, go dig up a grave if you don't think so. Atheism is the rejection of religious ideals not the proposition of another ideal.

2) You have shown no evidence, the thing is if you have taken any grammar class then you would know that when referring to something you must show what you are referring to. The reason why you may think all "evidence and proof" is shot down is because scientifically it is not proven or it has already been proven otherwise. Let me guess you are referring to intelligent design? The pseudo-science christian theory? Irreducible complexity has been proven to be 100% absolute complete bullshit. (Reference: The Dover Trial) Also the flagellum that they reference as not being able to be broken down is again bullshit. Scientist have proven that is was a simpler form, a thing called a valve that propelled it thought the water. But since you haven't shown any evidence I have no clue as to what you are talking.

3) Offered up where? "Offered up" in the sense you use is arbitrary as it correlates to nothing in particular. That is a style of writing often used in kindergarten. I do have an interest in the study of "god" because I always want my ideals to reflect reality as much as they can. I have yet to find any testable, proven, and repeatable experiment that has proven anything about god. Now if you are talking about the shroud of turin (Again I have no idea what you are thinking because you didn't link me to anything and maybe I'm giving you too much credit for ideals that are known mostly to scholar theists.) it has been proven to be a 15th century fake.
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/...learly.php
There are plenty of more posts and websites on this so don't be like "oh that is wrong" because it goes against what you say not only would that show that I am right in thinking you are close minded but it would show that you are just what you called me. A person not seeking the truth, which in my case wouldn't be more wrong.

PLEASE RESPOND WITH LINKS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IT WILL ONLY TAKE YOU ONE SECOND AND YOU SHOULD KNOW THE EXACT SITE IF YOU REFERENCE IT SO OFTEN. Smile

Him:
Jesus Christ is a historical figure, even that putz Matt from the Atheist Experience knows this as truth. You denying it because you don't approve of doesn't make it any less true.

I find you funny, but in a good way. =)

Atheism is a belief in nothing. It is a faith because you have FAITH that when you die nothing happens and you cease to exist, but you have no EVIDENCE for this. Seriously... you sharing some links of some scientist who wants to twist things and explain away everything they don't like is not proof, it's simply denial.

Seriously.. I'm close minded, no... I have evidence that you DENY.

You my sweet loveable friend are close minded and you hate God even though you pretend to deny his existance, deep down it's what motivates you.

Me:

Wether or not a guy name Jesus existed is irrelevant. Also there is no proof for him and Matt from that show just said basically it didn't matter. You are quote mining. Maybe he did maybe he didn't. Does it change anything? No. Why? Because although he may have existed that still doesn't prove a virgin birth or that he was the son of god. Also in his day a lot of people were said to have been "resurrected" do the research. If jesus existed or not doesn't matter as it doesn't prove or disprove a god.

"Atheism is a belief in nothing" You are exactly right. Therefor from that you could say I believe in nothing, well on that certain issue. As I do believe in other things but that is neither here nor there. I don't have faith that when I die nothing happens. I never said that, I just said I don't believe in a god because there is no proof. Although all science has proven that nothing else happens to the body after you die you still go on this idiotic tyrant of ignorance. Also scientist have no reason to twist things or make things look fraudulent, why? Because then it would not stand up to inspection, cross examination and inquiry and ultimately would have been a waste of time because they won't be able to use it and if they do they will become a laughing stock and lose all credibility.

And no what they do isn't denial it is called the scientific process and it is why you have this very computer you are typing this on and most likely why you are still alive because with advances in science life expectancy would not be long. What you do is called denial. Saying all they do is wrong because they are in denial and you are right for no other reason they saying you have evidence. You have no evidence and have presented none.

Again I am not closed minded you are as I have just demonstrated. Also I don't hate god because it would be like hating unicorns, I cannot hate what doesn't exist. Your last sentence shows you think you know more about me then I do. What is funny is it shows you know nothing about psychology or sociology. :3

You have given me no evidence to deny! None! So what am I denying? Please give me your best arugment and evidence for a god.

Him:
Unicorns. lmao... you have santa syndrome too?? lol

Typical.
(Yes that was his whole reply, didn't even mention anything else, /facepalm)

Me:
I am simply comparing one figure that has no proof for another. Call it what you will it still has meaning and is a valid point. Writing something off by saying "Santa Syndrome" is moronic. It addresses nothing other then you are closed minded and can't think intelligently. So are you ever going to show me this proposed proof or are you going to continue to speak is circles and be an ignoramus?

Also what is so bad about "santa syndrome" you make it out to be a bad a horrible thing. When in reality all it is, is you calling something a term with an attached stigma that doesn't deserve to be there, that is arbitrary.

Him:
Pearls before swine... you don't listen or understand anything.

You're only arrogant and misguided.

Me: (At this point I wanted to strangle him)
Actually you haven't addressed anything. Also I don't appreciate you calling me swine. But taking the literal interpretation of that phrase it would fit you perfectly and everything you say of me would fit you perfectly. You are arrogant and misguided. You are hard headed and don't understand anything. You don't listen to anything I have said as you have not responded to anything. You just keep saying pearls before swine. Which taking from biblical context that phrase would not apply here, as you were the one that wanted to debate me and pm'd me for debate. So thusly if you want to debate and you don't show proof and just keep on ranting about pearls before swine. I'm done talking to you. I have tried to be nice but you are a fucking idiot. I hope you get ran over. :3

Him: (At this point I knew he hadn't read or understand anything I had said... /facepalm)

Dude, I'm the one who is accepting evidence, you're blinding following the religion of nothing. Please share with me your proof and evidence on why atheism is right and the way to go?? I'm not going to run away from my evidence to join your club of nothing lovers. Seriously WTF.... are you dense? lol

I LOVE HOW ATHEISTS GET NASTY WHEN THEIR BACKS ARE UP AGAINST THE WALL AND HAVE 'NOTHING' TO PROVE THEIR FAILED IDEAS. You wish death on me.... hilarious. More proof you're argument or lack there of really is so weak. What do you have other than DENIAL? Nothing... it's what your whole faith is built on. You fail so much and you love it!

Pearls before swine does not apply? Hmmm obviously you have no concept of what it means if you think it doesn't apply here. It most certainly applys you arrogant little think you know it all justin bieber lover! =)

Are you going to provide any reason for me to become an atheist, or you just going to keep wishing death upon me? hehe... seriously that's comical.

You keep asking for me to show you proof, there is a fuckin' motherload of proof on the interenet, in books, in everyday friggen life which you don't want to SEE, you have no interest in "proof" you're happy denying anything that comes your way, lets be honest. This is what I love about people like yourself you're not honest you pretend like you want proof but with all that is out there why don't you ever get it? It's simple!!!

I ask for YOUR proof and you send me a link that tries to deny the shroud of turin?? How about you give me some scientific evidence for your fail instead of just trying to DENY anything and everything that is proof and evidence for GOD.

You can't that's why.... just give me something anything that proves atheism is the way to go and that it's the right thing to do, complete with explanation and scientific findings, whatever you got, but please stop talking about God, I mean shit there's supposed to be no God so why keep using Him to try and explan your conceptual faith of NOTHING?

I'll be waiting.

Me:
How many times do I have to explain this? Atheist position is just as much a religion as not playing soccer is a sport. I am not making a positive assertion therefor I do not need proof for my non belief. And I get mad when idiots like you can't understand that. Also atheism is not a religion.... moron...

1) Shroud of Turin is fake and I linked you to a article showing you it was. You are the one is that position denying evidence and no matter what I link you to you will deny it saying it is wrong because of your preconceptions. Do the research for your self if you are interested, which I know you aren't. It only takes one second to google "Shroud of turin fake"
Here I will make it easier for you. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Shroud+Of+turin+fake

2) Show me your evidence for your god, I have been asking for this for a while. Point out to me every single thing you see around us that is proof for god. Link me to studies showing god exists. Do everything you can to "covert" me and prove your god is real.

3) You use the term deny a lot, when in reality (Where non idiots live) you are the one denying everything, or at least not understanding anything.

4) The reason there is no proof for atheism is like I stated in my video. Atheism is nothing you can't ask for proof of a negative, it just doesn't work. I know in your mind since you were indoctrinated that you think god is the default position but it isn't. Do you need evidence to say there is no fairies? Do you need evidence to say there is no unicorns? No. Why? Because no evidence has been shown to even prove they exist. But what I can say is that as science progresses there is more and more proof the god of the bible doesn't exist and all it says he did can be explained by naturalistic means. Also a being can't be all powerful, omnipotent, and omnipresent. Sorry just doesn't work.

5) I use the term god because we are debating on the matter of god. derp.

6) Again atheism isn't a faith or conceptual. Ignoramus...

So if I'm so stupid as you claim to think show me the proof, I mean DETAILED take some time and if you provide reasonable and convincing proof (And by proof I mean actual proof) I will convert and believe in your god.

Him:
You've given me no sound evidence as to why I should throw away God and believe in nothing. Regardless what your shroud of turin website concludes, is this evidence that explains away God? Ummm NO... please provide it! I know a million atheist sites that try and explain away God... what is the point when it can't be done?

You've offered no reason for me to become a part of your faith. Yes it is a faith I know you hate that it is it, but it's more of a faith than I have since you have absolutely nothing to base your belief off of...

I'm still waiting...

You know I could care less if you take the time to "convert and believe in your god" as you say. Do you think I care what you choose in your life? I'm not the one angry because you're an atheist and I'm not. It matters not to me which path you take. Be an atheist all I care, if you love being nothing you'll be in for a majore SHOCK in the life after life.

2) Show me your evidence for your god, I have been asking for this for a while. Point out to me every single thing you see around us that is proof for god. Link me to studies showing god exists. Do everything you can to "covert" me and prove your god is real.

#2 is why you're an idiot. Don't you think if you wanted to know the truth you'd actually research it yourself. I can predict everything I say you will come up with a lame answer explaining it away. All I have to say is "DNA" and you'll have an answer. I can go into any number of things that can not be explained without GOD (well they can if you have faith in the idea of nothing) whether it be in the universe or the human aspect that to any person with a brain who is not just bent on denial can look at rationally but you will get on google and research all the sites that can hopefully explain away everything. Isn't that right? I know it is that's why I'm not taking the bait, you have no INTEREST! You hate GOD, just be real with yourself stop playing games.

Do you understand why it's pointless to even discuss evidence with people like yourself? The minute you do, you dismiss it, and you offer up none for your faith. This is why you are challenging me to find you evidence so you can deconstruct every single shred that comes your way. A document in history, oh but those documents can be tampered with, or oh it's not reliable, blah, blah... you are blind my friend and no amount of evidence will ever be enough. You love being nothing, not sure why since it's the biggest bunch of fail. If I'm going to join your club of nothing how about you show me ANY evidence AT ALL, atleast with GOD there IS evidence on the table (funny that you know NONE of it, that's the hilarious aspect) you think you're smart but you act like a dumbass... "show me, show me" wtf... moron, the fact that you explain every piece away is irrelevant. It's all you have to cling to... DENIAL.

DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL. DENIAL

Me:

Also just to let you know you are in denial and you reject all proof without any of your own. Also just because you cannot understand something doesn't mean it must be god. This is where ancient mythology comes into play. They didn't understand lightning, oh it must be a god! Lack of understand doesn't show there is a god.

When you say " (funny that you know NONE of it, that's the hilarious aspect)" made me laugh. If I know none of it then inform me THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET YOU TO DO SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS. If I am such a moronic imbecile and you are so smart then it shouldn't be hard. The funny thing is that there is no evidence and you are a fucking waste of skin. Also when something can be explained that means there is no need for supernatural or unexplained events or ideas. Basically what you are saying is "Fuck logic it doesn't change anything" and "Fuck evidence it doesn't change anything"

BTW I have researched it for myself and it seems you haven't or all the things you have looked at are pseudo science and moronic.

Stop saying I have no interest, you don't speak for me and trying to shows ignorance.

I know it is pointless to discuss your evidence with a person like me. You are 100% absolutely right. Why? Because your "evidence" isn't evidence and with looked at or questioned falls apart, it isn't real evidence.

There is no evidence for god and atheism is not a club. We are all different with different beliefs and ideas. Atheism doesn't require faith and is not a religion.

The DNA point is stupid and shows you are an idiot. How did DNA come into existence by chance? It didn't. Nucleobases can form spontaneously from simpler molecules, and this has been repeated in laboratories. No biotic material, no lightning, no divine will. Molecules have a natural affinity for one another because of the electromagnetic force. It is purely chemistry that explains why simple genetic molecules formed. It is evolution that explains why a fraction of these now extremely long chains of molecules contain what we might call information. Bits of genetic material that work against the reproduction of the whole string are deleterious, and remove themselves from the pool of possible combinations of nucleobases. MOST of our DNA means absolutely nothing. Simple bits that do mean something exist because they happened to end up in that configuration by chance (among other possible configurations that would also work). More complex bits usually come from other simpler bits that aren't very unlikely to form. Nowhere do we encounter any astronomical improbabilities. We've been here for billions of years, there are billions of us, and there are billions of base pairs in our DNA.
The fact that DNA is MOSTLY meaningless, and that it often mutates in ways that are harmful (most are meaningless) is a strong indication that it was not designed.

When you said this it made me laugh because it applies perfectly to you. I understand your side though. You are basically saying there is no proof against god existence therefor I believe in him. Well do you believe in Unicorns? Leprechauns? Other Gods? Your methodology falls apart rather quickly.

"Do you understand why it's pointless to even discuss evidence with people like yourself? The minute you do, you dismiss it, and you offer up none for your faith. This is why you are challenging me to find you evidence so you can deconstruct every single shred that comes your way. A document in history, oh but those documents can be tampered with, or oh it's not reliable, blah, blah... you are blind my friend and no amount of evidence will ever be enough. You love being nothing, not sure why since it's the biggest bunch of fail. If I'm going to join your club of nothing how about you show me ANY evidence AT ALL, atleast with GOD there IS evidence on the table (funny that you know NONE of it, that's the hilarious aspect) you think you're smart but you act like a dumbass... "show me, show me" wtf... moron, the fact that you explain every piece away is irrelevant. It's all you have to cling to... DENIAL."

IF IN THE NEXT MESSAGE YOU AREN'T GOING TO SHOW YOUR EVIDENCE BECAUSE APPARENTLY I'M A MORON THEN DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING. YOU KEEP SAYING YOU HAVE SOME YET HAVE SHOWN OR PRESENTED NONE.

Him:
Logic is what brought me to God.

Me:
No being a retard is what brought you to god. Your blocked don't bother replying I don't have time for idiots like you.

Now he is posting this on my videos. lol (Comments on a different account)
I love how you say "Jesus Christ" after claiming something s.o.g asked is retarded. Why are you using that name, if he is non existant? You're a complete failure and scared of anyone who calls you out on your BS. Blocking people because they have a different viewpoint is very sad, and shows how weak you really are. Unblock and retain your credibility.

This guy wishes people death when he knows they are too smart for him and challenge his stupid ideas. Isn't that typical of atheists getting angry and telling someone you wish they get ran over. This guy offers nothing, he comes off as a just bieber troll, not someone who is honestly searching for evidence like he tried to make it appear. This guy would twist and misrepresent anything that's even slightly linked to God. Fail.

This guy blocks people who are smarter than him. He can't handle it when people make him think. He also hates being shown that he has no interest in finding truth or evidence. Unblock Ellery Sneed, you wimp. No? That's what I thought.... run hide! He blocked my friend, I'm sure I'll be blocked too!

ROFLOL

RE: New Member here FUNNY debate with theist!
(September 1, 2010 at 11:01 pm)Live_free Wrote: Me: (At this point I wanted to strangle him)
This tends to be how conversations with theists typically end, as from what I've found. For the most part, they've already decided not to listen to you as soon as the conversation starts.

I'll try to make a much more detailed response later, as my time is very short at the moment.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 219 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89322 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12660 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  New WLC debate Jehanne 18 3382 March 28, 2017 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23896 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  An invitation to debate. Jehanne 63 8268 December 22, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9717 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Information Catholics VS Protestants Debate Thread Edward John 164 19560 November 15, 2016 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing! Jehanne 18 2941 October 8, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3080 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris