Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New World Order
New World Order
I don't understand this garbage Christians are going on about, anybody care to enlighten me and say what's really what.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: New World Order
You will have to elaborate a little bit. It may be their theory about atheism and materialism being behind the scientific "worldview" that "leftists" seek to impose upon children by pressing evolution, abortion, secularism and gay marriage in the public schools,government and media . This has been the overt opinion of hard right christians for...well, for as long as these things have existed.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
They're being oppressed.
[Image: GxTnK.gif]
Cunt
They've all been playing Assassins Creed for too damn long and they all still swear the Templars were behind fucking EVERYTHING.
Again!! Undecided

Oh goody.... [Image: Smiley%2Bconfused.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
New World Order is a conspiracy theory that many if not all fundies believe in. They think at the end of the world, there will be a world government and that the "mark of the beast" will be implantable RFID chips in your right hand or forehead that you will be forced to have. The world, they think, will basically be 1984 but with satan and the antichrist (who's usually a democrat, the pope, or a liberal preacher). You can see these views expressed the most in Kent Hovind's seminar on the "New World Order." It's hilarious!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(April 20, 2012 at 9:40 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: They're being oppressed.

Don't taze me bro.

[Image: dont_tase_me_bro2.jpg]
(April 20, 2012 at 8:51 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: I don't understand this garbage Christians are going on about, anybody care to enlighten me and say what's really what.

New world order?
I don't think this is a christian exclusive thing. I also think that such an order will come with worldwide monopolist agendas, lower moral standards, cosmopolitanist crap on the rise, and the dissolution of nations.
In short, it's doom, for all of us.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(April 25, 2012 at 7:41 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(April 20, 2012 at 8:51 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: I don't understand this garbage Christians are going on about, anybody care to enlighten me and say what's really what.

New world order?
I don't think this is a christian exclusive thing. I also think that such an order will come with worldwide monopolist agendas, lower moral standards, cosmopolitanist crap on the rise, and the dissolution of nations.
In short, it's doom, for all of us.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why order people to kill in god's name at all? Chad32 29 7395 February 18, 2014 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  First Order Predicate Logic vs The Judeo-Christian creator pack3tg0st 14 6572 April 8, 2010 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence scientist 184 74003 January 28, 2010 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake