Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atheists and "conspiracy" theories
atheists and "conspiracy" theories
what i can't understand is why more atheists don't lend some credence to some of the issues that people call conspiracy theories? as a group that works on evidence, there is some to look at in some of the instances. or have you looked into claims, and you just felt strongly compelled one way or another (hence, the dismissal of others as idiots)? ok, so that's par for the course on AF. but my question is why does that make them idiots in the instances that there is some evidence. personally, i don't believe there are aliens and ufos in area 51. haha. i don't believe anyone faked the moon landing and i don't believe most of the other stuff attributed to them, that is baseless - like a god.

what intrigues me tho, is investigating claims about the new world order - via the illuminati and freemasons. i think they exist but don't know how much power they have or will ever have, like wrecking our society thru eugenics and everyone will have fuckin rf id chips in their arms. i just want to learn of their goal/mission and see how they try to go about making it happen.

i'm also just not sold on the fact that 911 played out the way we're told it was. of that story as told thru the news, there is a valid debunking as there is also a valid debunking of the debunking, just shows in my head that enough questions aren't answered about it. whether you like steven jones' argument (of nanothermite) or bazant's (couldn't have been thermite) - at least there are 2 real studies to read with real info. there is an incredible amount of holes in the story that i can't ignore.

i ask because tho i like a lot of the members here, it stands glaringly in my face daily, that i have quite little in common with a majority of the people here on stances i take outside of the basic one - god. protocol seems to be to debate this post on a line by line fashion, perhaps call me some more names, lol. but i ask, because it's serious to me. it's why i never put the moniker of atheist on what i believe.

so, that's the interest i have. so why must i wear this damn tin foil hat? Big Grin
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
RE: atheists and "conspiracy" theories
(May 1, 2012 at 3:29 pm)jackman Wrote: i'm also just not sold on the fact that 911 played out the way we're told it was. of that story as told thru the news, there is a valid debunking as there is also a valid debunking of the debunking, just shows in my head that enough questions aren't answered about it. whether you like steven jones' argument (of nanothermite) or bazant's (couldn't have been thermite) - at least there are 2 real studies to read with real info. there is an incredible amount of holes in the story that i can't ignore.
If you say the collapse of the WTC twin towers was a controlled demolition I'm putting you on ignore.
First of all, there is actually a lot of evidence to prove that the moon landing was faked. Just look at so much of the photos and you can see it was staged. Plus, if we were there and technology is so much better now, why haven't we been back?

As far as aliens go, just think about it. They have the technology to go from one universe to the other, but not enough technology to go without slaughtering animals to study them. Even our society can do ultrasounds and scans to get a view into something anatomy. I believe there are aliens out there, but I know they aren't experimenting on cows or making crop circles.

Could an alien craft have crashed into the US? What makes us so special? They can go from universe to universe, but can't figure out how to maneuver around those darn trees.

If you look at the records from 911, there is much proof that President Bush and Dick Cheney were in the midst of military exercises on purpose. They did it deliberately so that the Air Force would be busy and unable to respond in time. President Bush needed an excuse to go after Sadam. Isn't it strange that we went after Sadam when there was overwhelming proof that the Taliban weren't even dealing with Sadam?

Unfortunately, people don't care enough. They say so what if Bush and Cheney were behind it all. What are we going to do about it? No one cares enough about the big stuff, but hey, lets spend loads of money and time to check out President Obama's birth certificate. Yeah, OK.
The main reason people cite for saying the moon landing was faked is the "wind moving the flag", despite the fact that it was mounted on a flag pole that couldn't let it fall down and the flag only moving when the astronauts touched it.

There are also pictures of the moon landing sites, showing the equipment left behind.

As for the 911 ones, George Bush may have been a twat, but even he wouldn't have killed that many of his own countrymen for some political agenda.
(May 1, 2012 at 3:38 pm)Welsh cake Wrote:
(May 1, 2012 at 3:29 pm)jackman Wrote: i'm also just not sold on the fact that 911 played out the way we're told it was. of that story as told thru the news, there is a valid debunking as there is also a valid debunking of the debunking, just shows in my head that enough questions aren't answered about it. whether you like steven jones' argument (of nanothermite) or bazant's (couldn't have been thermite) - at least there are 2 real studies to read with real info. there is an incredible amount of holes in the story that i can't ignore.
If you say the collapse of the WTC twin towers was a controlled demolition I'm putting you on ignore.

hahahaha. how will i live knowing that i'm on ignore? come on man. i expect as much. but i'm asking why that's such a ridiculous notion? as many reports as i've read on it, i'm still not ready to cancel that out as an option. maybe somebody in here will give me more than ridicule, as a reason why they don't believe these thoughts.

tiberius posted a debunking911 site a while ago. massive info. that's the kind of thing that is constructive.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(May 1, 2012 at 3:51 pm)jackman Wrote:
(May 1, 2012 at 3:38 pm)Welsh cake Wrote:

hahahaha. how will i live knowing that i'm on ignore? come on man. i expect as much. but i'm asking why that's such a ridiculous notion? as many reports as i've read on it, i'm still not ready to cancel that out as an option. maybe somebody in here will give me more than ridicule, as a reason why they don't believe these thoughts.

tiberius posted a debunking911 site a while ago. massive info. that's the kind of thing that is constructive.

If 911 was a massive US conspiracy, someone would have spoken out, seeming as they have done so for less.
(May 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm)tobie Wrote: As for the 911 ones, George Bush may have been a twat, but even he wouldn't have killed that many of his own countrymen for some political agenda.

see, this part is what i like to look at in addition to structural failures, what would make someone do this if someone did. if muslim extremists did, what would make THEM do it? psychology behind it is very interesting. thanks for your opinion. Big Grin
Then why would he send so many of his own countrymen to fight and die in a country that had nothing to do with the Taliban? He sure had no problem with sending thousands of troops over there to die.
(May 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm)tobie Wrote: The main reason people cite for saying the moon landing was faked is the "wind moving the flag", despite the fact that it was mounted on a flag pole that couldn't let it fall down and the flag only moving when the astronauts touched it.
I thought it was a partial hoax where they did land on the moon but the camera failed to transmit therefore NASA resorted to a contingency backup film to be broadcast for the American public instead.

Let's face it, getting a man on Earth's natural satellite yet not be able to show the Moon landing on television due to technical difficulties would have been a massive embarrassment for the US.

(May 1, 2012 at 3:51 pm)jackman Wrote: hahahaha. how will i live knowing that i'm on ignore?
Its for the sake of my sanity, not yours.
(May 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm)tobie Wrote: If 911 was a massive US conspiracy, someone would have spoken out, seeming as they have done so for less.

perhaps. i certainly don't want to devolve the convo into me seeming to defend these ideas because it will surely seem like i'm whacked out. i don't know what happened and don't take a stance because of that. there just happen to be 2 subjects where i'm not satisfied enough to say ok, i'm with everyone else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1915 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4474 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2199 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  atheist as well as conspiracy theorist? Athene 15 3405 August 6, 2015 at 12:34 am
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  A question about the lifespan of scientific theories. Hammod1612 35 7069 January 16, 2015 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Alex K