Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication
hello friends
Look at the positive functions of the Christian Church:
1- Creating unity and spiritual solidarity by attending every Sunday
2- Announcing the needs of the church and society to the followers to meet the needs
3- Encouraging and encouraging people to do good deeds through the priest's speech
4- Discussions about worldview and ideology in speeches and conversations.

Replace the word Christian in the above 4 cases with atheist! The same functions will be useful for the society of atheists.

Note that atheism and agnosticism have many contradictory branches, for example, atheist humanists and atheist communists are completely different! So they cannot have a common church.

I saw on the BBC a few years ago that a church of atheists had been established. I don't know if it is active now or not?

Also, praying is a method of spiritual inspiration in God believers, which has worked well in terms of psychology. For this aspect, what alternative does atheism have?
RE: Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication
Humanists can, and do, do all of those things. Mabye Unitarian Universalism is right for you? I think the one near me is about 50% humanists and at least a quarter atheists.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
If a dog shit on your living room floor..and you picked it up and threw it out...how would you respond to someone asking you what you planned to replace the turd with? Like, maybe rabbit turds would look lovely there? Or a big ole pile of pig shit!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 26, 2022 at 9:39 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Humanists can, and do, do all of those things. Mabye Unitarian Universalism is right for you? I think the one near me is about 50% humanists and at least a quarter atheists.

Mabye Unitarian Universalism

Mabye is a name or corect word is  Maybe ?
(August 26, 2022 at 9:33 am)Eclectic Wrote: Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication
hello friends
Look at the positive functions of the Christian Church:
1- Creating unity and spiritual solidarity by attending every Sunday
2- Announcing the needs of the church and society to the followers to meet the needs
3- Encouraging and encouraging people to do good deeds through the priest's speech
4- Discussions about worldview and ideology in speeches and conversations.

Replace the word Christian in the above 4 cases with atheist! The same functions will be useful for the society of atheists.

Note that atheism and agnosticism have many contradictory branches, for example, atheist humanists and atheist communists are completely different! So they cannot have a common church.

I saw on the BBC a few years ago that a church of atheists had been established. I don't know if it is active now or not?

Also, praying is a method of spiritual inspiration in God believers, which has worked well in terms of psychology. For this aspect, what alternative does atheism have?

I have no need for any alternative, praying is just the same as talking to yourself
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(August 26, 2022 at 9:40 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: If a dog shit on your living room floor..and you picked it up and threw it out...how would you respond to someone asking you what you planned to replace the turd with?  Like, maybe rabbit turds would look lovely there?  Or a big ole pile of pig shit!

Hello
Please read those four sentences of the numerical list!
They are not specific to the Christian church!
If those 4 things are provided for atheism, there are many benefits.
Suppose there is a military dictatorship in your country, by establishing liberal democracy, you don't dissolve the army!

Maybe you mean praying? See, for example, an athlete in the Olympics gets inspired after praying and performs better and wins a gold medal!
Psychologists say that the athlete prays in his mind and thinks that he has a supernatural supporter who will make him win! The result is the same for God worshipers, cow worshipers, idol worshipers, etc.
That is, suppose a certain Iranian weightlifting champion says that he was able to win the Olympic gold medal by praying and asking God for help. If he was a pagan, he would get the same result by asking the idols for help, and he would get the same result by asking the cows for help!
 Do you understand what I mean?
How can an atheist athlete use this ability to pray?
Ask stuart smalley.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hell and heaven. Motivation...
I thought you had found alternatives for prayer, but no one responded.
One alternative is NLP.

Also prayer that i said in this topic is 3rd kind of these:

pray for muslim is 3 kind
1) NAMAZ = Prayer consists of symbolic movements and words. There are words in praise of God that a person cannot say spontaneously. He should memorize a number of sentences and say exactly. If he moves a word or says a word of his own, he will have the wrath of God and the prayer will be invalidated.
For example one sentences of many sentences of a Namaz is: (Allah is pure and immaculate. Allah is greater.)

Namaz is obligatory and must be performed 5 times a day, otherwise the Muslim will go to hell.

2)There are some other prayers that are like namaz and a Muslim must memorize and say them.
Like the Komeil prayer

3)The third type is a prayer that a person says about himself. Sometimes it asks for help and sometimes it is just worship.
For example
(God, you are good and great. My child is sick, heal him)
Or
(Great God, win me in tomorrow's race)
Or
(God, you are great. You are kind. You have always helped me. I worship and love you.)
Moderator Notice
Links removed. You may not post or link to outside content until you have made 30 posts and been a member of this Forum for 30 days.

If you have not already done so, please familiarize yourself with our rules (you’ll find a link in the upper right of our homepage).

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power of Prayer and Fear of God mcolafson 33 5252 September 19, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Atheists in church Spongebob 182 13159 October 12, 2021 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  A prayer before dinner Denverguy 48 6532 October 1, 2019 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2193 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Prayer purplepurpose 94 14956 January 24, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GodisintheTV
  Forced Prayer ScienceAf 33 6414 August 15, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Prayer to the God of Atheism Rhondazvous 21 3622 May 16, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Prayer: Biggest Hope and The Biggest Disappointment LivingNumbers6.626 8 2381 December 10, 2014 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism and Prayer ComradeMeow 22 3903 September 3, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Atheistic dinner "prayer" Eric9001 11 4874 July 14, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic