Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just curious
Just curious
This question is for kyu.

I understand and agree that sometimes a peppering of profanity will go a long way to place emphasis on a point but do you really find it neccesary to post "fuck, fucking, fuckity fuck fuck fuckin' fuck" in damn near every post you make?

It doesn't help the "angry atheist" persona, it looks more like the writings of an uneducated....... well, you get the point.

It's obvious to me that is not the case as the underlying message you have denotes intellegence and passion. But, you're just not coming across like that with that excessive amounts of "pepper".

So please, can you tone down that fucking shit? I mean, fuck, even a hardend old fucker like myself get fucking offended from time to fucking time! Know what I fuckin' mean?

(I started this to seriously ask if it was neccesary, then I found humor in it, now I'm having too much fun with it. I'll shut the fuck up now.)

fuck!
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
RE: Just curious
I used to think like this but after reading a few responses from Kyu to some of our more, ah-am, faithful members, I started to sympathise with him.

Now when I read posts from the devout I look forward to Kyu's reply..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
@Dotard

Can you say " wowser"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wowserism

I agree that the constant use of expletives implies (not"infers") a low level of literacy,limited education,mental laziness, lack of imagination and possibly a degree of stupidity.

Is it any of my business the way Kyu expresses himself? NO. Do I give flying flunngle? Fuck no. I care even less that you don't like it. (no offence)

If that's the most important thing you can think of which to complain, I think you need to get out more.

I read just about all of Kyu's post.I've never noticed any sign of the flaws often associated with the constant use of expletives.Nor in fact have I noticed such excessive usage.
To be honest, in all seriousness, - I think it's fucking funny!

Also, why deprive ourselves of reading more usage of the best word in the English language? ("Fuck") - In my opinion anyway! Lol.

Finally, if you swear it means you have extra words for your vocabulary! And fucking fun and diverse words too!

Hehe.

EvF
I try and keep in clean....The most you may read from me is a few "What the hell" and "Ass Hat" from time to time.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
I end to keep the swearwords to a minimum. Firstly because they are usually superfluous, and secondly because I am not Irish. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
LOLOL....I'm Scottish (In heritage) ...Does that count.....Tongue
Hi Dotard,

Whilst I have some sympathy with you the fact is I tend to swear either out of humour or intense frustration ... evangelists of any stripe frustrate the hell outta me. I am also aware that swearing tends to lose someone the high ground in a debate or discussion.

I try not to swear just for swearing sake so my answer my answer is kinda yes in that I do manage my own swearing already ... unfortunately events always seem to get the better of me so I give no guarantees.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Kyu, if there is any type Evangelical involved in a debate, I'll be swearing right beside you.....LOL
As I mentioned in my OP, I started it serious, then found humor and fun in it.

Padraic seemed to have missed that.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Curious) Roll Call Foxaèr 8 642 October 10, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5223 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2141 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I'm curious: What does your "inner voice" sound like, to you? MTL 40 3667 January 24, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Curious about different views on homosexuality FemmeRealism 77 29854 November 11, 2012 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  The Curious Case of Missing Me Meatball 30 12733 December 29, 2010 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: tackattack