Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Curious Case of Missing Me
The Curious Case of Missing Me
(removed)
- Meatball
RE: The Curious Case of Missing Me
Quote:And just now I thought I'd head back here to see to see what you skeptical bastards are up to.

We're still crazy after all these years.
I can only wish well Meatball. Indeed. It is good to see you again.

Weird that one of the dogs died so quickly. That must fucking hurt.

Maybe one day we can get a bunch of AF members together to smoke a few bowls and pass around the whiskey.
Hell of a tale, Meatball. I'm glad things are looking up for you. And I'm burning one in your name at this very moment.
Glad you're back and have some positive things in your life to look forward to.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Fuck relationships sound fucked up! Shock

I'm starting to wonder whether it really IS necessarily better to have loved and to have lost than to have not loved at all? Not necessarily maybe?

It sucks that I can't relate at all ( and I don't miss what I've never had). All I can imagine is that that experience must have really, really sucked for you Meatball Sad

Anyway, something I can relate to: Welcome back Big Grin I'm back too!
I can't speak for meatball, but IMO it is always better to have tried and failed then to have never tried. I apply it to everything because we don't really learn from our successes nearly as much as our failures. I guess it depends on your perspective but I've always seen longing for something without action is far more detrimental than trying something you've always wanted and failing, especially with something as integral, rewarding and foundational to the human condition as relationships.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
On the upside, recovering from that, Meatball has proven that he ain't gonna take it. No more. Big Grin
(December 28, 2010 at 12:14 pm)tackattack Wrote: I can't speak for meatball, but IMO it is always better to have tried and failed then to have never tried.

Hey! I completely agree! But I was talking about loving, not trying.

I haven't had a chance to love it's not that I haven't tried.... I don't know how to try in my current situation and I don't know of anyone available that I feel love for so what's to try for? Sad

And there's no point me searching to a desperate extent if I'm not desperate (yet).

(December 28, 2010 at 1:26 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: And there's no point me searching to a desperate extent if I'm not desperate (yet).

Trying to love is pretty worthless, sugar. The best loves are the ones that fall into your lap accidentally, like finding a Golden Ticket, or the kinds that suddenly flower where you didn't realize the potential was there. Even if you're lonely in the meantime.

That being said, I didn't know you before, Meatball, but I know what it's like to grow apart and have that other person suddenly find someone else (like years meant nothing). Good for you for being strong.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mystery over missing phallic landmark zebo-the-fat 8 574 December 1, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Missing Vorlon brewer 7 418 October 23, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1460 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  (Curious) Roll Call Foxaèr 8 644 October 10, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 9572 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5243 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Victory( WE WON THE COURT CASE) Amarok 15 3471 April 8, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  AF Bureau of Missing Persons Rhondazvous 129 20047 August 27, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I'm curious: What does your "inner voice" sound like, to you? MTL 40 3675 January 24, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Buying a case for my phone Lemonvariable72 3 1217 August 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire