Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learn Finnish(?)
Learn Finnish(?)
As a project, there has been made Finnish songs for kids, that would also appeal to the parents and be smarter than your average songs for children. This particular song, by the Finnish rapper Paleface is brilliant, since it tries to teach kids English. Can you learn Finnish from it..?

Lyrics:

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Learn Finnish(?)
This Finnish song appeals to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHReqKRvonE

I know some of the words...
Oh dear... Not Munamies.. XD

EDIT: Nap, there is an English version, you know.. Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Whenever I hear Alexi Laiho sing English (or what he calls English), I wonder how inept I'd sound at Finnish. Tongue

No really, try to sing along to Children of Bodom's English lyrics. The pacing, emphasis... even the syntax is altered.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Moomins helped me pick up a few words and phrases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB3nr1CmbhM
It took me some time to figure out how to spell finnish, but I don't know much about it's grammar, really. I know the most basic phrases.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 5, 2012 at 8:36 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Oh dear... Not Munamies.. XD

EDIT: Nap, there is an English version, you know.. Wink

I know, I prefer the Finnish version.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Learn the true mersey Angrboda 7 474 March 18, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What did you learn to do because of the pandemic? arewethereyet 31 2123 June 27, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  You Learn Something Every Day. Minimalist 1 743 February 11, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Your Finnish name Kayenneh 31 4158 March 21, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Learn Anything Yet? Neo-Scholastic 53 10023 June 1, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What adults can learn from kids - Adora Svitak Gooders1002 3 1347 February 26, 2013 at 9:05 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Britain could learn something from the taliban LukeMC 5 2635 September 7, 2009 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Tiberius