Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists are Intolerant
Atheists are Intolerant
I say this because atheists do not allow any religious symbol or activity in any public place. We are often treated to news stories where the atheist runs to the courts to force their unbelief upon others and demand that a religious token be removed from public view.

Of course, this type of action is done under the misguided idea that atheists are the only members of the public and only they get a say in what goes on in the public spaces.

They also fabricate a clause based upon a bad reading of the constitution to further their secular agenda and twist its use to distort the actions of those who have placed a religious artifact in a public place.

Take for example the lone high school girl who was recently offended by a prayer banner given to a high school by its original graduating class. It didn't matter to her that in the intervening years previous atheistic students had no problem with the banner, that it was not the government establishing a religion and that everyone new it was a gift from grateful hearts.

IF atheists were tolerant, they would not make people or groups spend money they cannot afford to spend defending such innocent acts or force their secular ways upon others. They would see it for what it was, a simple gift, a simple gesture and let it go because such acts do not affect their unbelief.

Sadly, they do not and they become far more intoleerant than they claim religious people are. If they had read the constitution and compared it to the example given, they would have seen that such a gift was NOT the government establishing a religion and they would have left it alone. As it stands, they just made more enemies and caused a lot of hard feelings (to be polite) and demonstrate how hard their hearts really are.

Since atheists do not make up a majority of the public, one would think they would just live quietly in their unbelief frely as they are allowed to do for unbelief is their choice. They should also respect/grant the same freedoms to religious people and ignore their acts if they do not want to be a part of the situation.

But they don't and they force their ways upon others who do not subscribe to their unbelief and that is very wrong and very intolerant.

{now I am betting there will be some unintelligent person spouting the 'establishment clause' but this thread IS NOT about that. IT IS ABOUT the intolerance of atheists. The prime example are all atheist chat forums who mock other people's beliefs, their holy writings, and on it goes. IF the atheist had a better way, they would treat others and their beliefs a lot better than they do but they don't so they are in no position to treat others badly.}
RE: Atheists are Intolerant
[Image: illtellyouwhatyoudidwit.jpg]
(May 6, 2012 at 2:54 am)DeeTee Wrote: I say this because atheists do not allow any religious symbol or activity in any public place. We are often treated to news stories where the atheist runs to the courts to force their unbelief upon others and demand that a religious token be removed from public view.

Overgeneralize much?

Quote:Of course, this type of action is done under the misguided idea that atheists are the only members of the public and only they get a say in what goes on in the public spaces.

Strawman much?

Quote:They also fabricate a clause based upon a bad reading of the constitution to further their secular agenda and twist its use to distort the actions of those who have placed a religious artifact in a public place.

Lie much?

Quote:Take for example the lone high school girl who was recently offended by a prayer banner given to a high school by its original graduating class. It didn't matter to her that in the intervening years previous atheistic students had no problem with the banner, that it was not the government establishing a religion and that everyone new it was a gift from grateful hearts.

Take it up with her. I suspect no one here had anything to do with it.

Quote:But they don't and they force their ways upon others who do not subscribe to their unbelief and that is very wrong and very intolerant.

As far as I can see, no one is asking you to adopt "our ways", much less forcing you to do so.

Quote:The prime example are all atheist chat forums who mock other people's beliefs, their holy writings, and on it goes. IF the atheist had a better way, they would treat others and their beliefs a lot better than they do but they don't so they are in no position to treat others badly.}

Again, overgeneralize much?

Look, you came in here the other day and have pretty much acted like a tool from the start. You want respect? Try giving a little first, jackass.
@Dee Tee

Atheism is only a disbelief in god(s) NOTHNG ELSE is implied or may be inferred.

Quite a few of us here do not suffer fools. We also happen be atheists. As a group, the atheists here are atypical,as indeed are the Christians. To judge all atheists by those here and the few you may have seen or read would be as unjust as me judging all Christians by your good self and the rest of the young earth creationist loons here.Angel Cloud
DT, you are perfectly welcome to come over here to the UK and preach in the street as much as your little heart desires. Put up as many crosses as you like, if such idols are so important to you. Like many people here, I am as tolerant to you and your friends as I am to anyone who stands on street corners, effectively talking to themselves within earshot of any passerby who cares to listen; and presumably as tolerant as you and your friends might be to a Muslim preacher doing the same thing. Or to an atheist if he were so inclined to do such a thing for some reason, as your attitude thus far around the boards has demonstrated so clearly.

To the best of my knowledge I have had one prior exchange with you; my attempt to present information attracted an arrogant presumption that I was 'bragging'. Yet atheists are the intolerant ones?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 6, 2012 at 2:54 am)DeeTee Wrote: I say this because atheists do not allow any religious symbol or activity in any public place.
[Image: crymeariver.gif]
Cry me a river.

That unsightly nonsense belongs in the private place, along with other activities of self-gratification, like masturbation.
Why do I get the feeling that you would applaud her, if this was about a muslim prayer banner?

Now, at this moment I can only speak for myself. What people believe in is their own business and freedom of religion is important. But when you start flaunting your faith in public places, that's where I draw the line. If you are going to display anything religious, why not take bits and pieces from all of them? Your "truth" is the most biased piece of shit I've seen, so don't act surprised when people call you on your bullshit.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 6, 2012 at 2:54 am)DeeTee Wrote: I say this because atheists do not allow any religious symbol or activity in any public place. We are often treated to news stories where the atheist runs to the courts to force their unbelief upon others and demand that a religious token be removed from public view.

Of course, this type of action is done under the misguided idea that atheists are the only members of the public and only they get a say in what goes on in the public spaces.

They also fabricate a clause based upon a bad reading of the constitution to further their secular agenda and twist its use to distort the actions of those who have placed a religious artifact in a public place.

Take for example the lone high school girl who was recently offended by a prayer banner given to a high school by its original graduating class. It didn't matter to her that in the intervening years previous atheistic students had no problem with the banner, that it was not the government establishing a religion and that everyone new it was a gift from grateful hearts.

IF atheists were tolerant, they would not make people or groups spend money they cannot afford to spend defending such innocent acts or force their secular ways upon others. They would see it for what it was, a simple gift, a simple gesture and let it go because such acts do not affect their unbelief.

Sadly, they do not and they become far more intoleerant than they claim religious people are. If they had read the constitution and compared it to the example given, they would have seen that such a gift was NOT the government establishing a religion and they would have left it alone. As it stands, they just made more enemies and caused a lot of hard feelings (to be polite) and demonstrate how hard their hearts really are.

Since atheists do not make up a majority of the public, one would think they would just live quietly in their unbelief frely as they are allowed to do for unbelief is their choice. They should also respect/grant the same freedoms to religious people and ignore their acts if they do not want to be a part of the situation.

But they don't and they force their ways upon others who do not subscribe to their unbelief and that is very wrong and very intolerant.

{now I am betting there will be some unintelligent person spouting the 'establishment clause' but this thread IS NOT about that. IT IS ABOUT the intolerance of atheists. The prime example are all atheist chat forums who mock other people's beliefs, their holy writings, and on it goes. IF the atheist had a better way, they would treat others and their beliefs a lot better than they do but they don't so they are in no position to treat others badly.}

Christians are intolerant.

I say this because Christians cannot do without any religious symbol or activity in any public place. We are often treated to news stories where the Christians runs to the courts to get permission to continue forcing the belief onto others and demand that no religious token be removed from public view where it doesn't belong.

Of course, this type of action is done under the misguided idea that those Christians are the only members of the public and only they get a say in what goes on in the public spaces, irrespective of any other religions or atheists.

They also fabricate a clause based upon a bad reading of the constitution to further their Christian agenda and twist its use to distort the actions of those who have asked for the removal of a religious artifact in a public place.

Take, for example, the high-school which was so offended by an atheists girl's request to remove a blatantly religious prayer banner. It didn't matter that the girl was simply pointing out that as a government funded institution, any inclusion of such blatantly religious propaganda is against the separation of church and state and had to go through death-threats, rape-threats, bullying and social ostracism for her efforts to uphold the values your country was built on.

IF Christians were tolerant, they would not make people or groups spend lots and lots money on attacking such morally correct acts or force their religious ways upon others. They would see it for what it was, a simple matter of upholding the law and the principle and let it go because such acts do not affect their belief.

Sadly, they do not and they become far more intoleerant than they claim atheists are. If they had read the constitution and compared it to the example given, they would have seen that putting the banner in public forum WAS the government establishing a religion and they would have left it alone. As it stands, they just made more enemies and caused a lot of hard feelings (to be polite) and demonstrate how hard their hearts really are.

Since Christians do make up a majority of the public, one would think they would just live quietly in their belief freely as they are allowed to do. They should also respect/grant the same freedoms to atheists and other religious people and ignore their acts if they do not want to be a part of the situation.

But they don't and they force their ways upon others who do not subscribe to their belief and that is very wrong and very intolerant.

{now I am betting there will be some unintelligent person spouting the 'Christian Values' but this thread IS NOT about that. IT IS ABOUT the intolerance of Christians. The prime example are all the Christians who simply cannot help themselves from barging into atheist chat rooms, forcing their views onto others. IF the Christians were any better , they would treat others and their beliefs a lot better than they do but they don't so they are in no position to treat others badly.}

See how that works?
(May 6, 2012 at 3:40 am)Kayenneh Wrote: If you are going to display anything religious, why not take bits and pieces from all of them?

By God, we can't have that! This is a Christian nation!
I think you're confusing atheism with secularism. There a many secular theists, especially in the US and France.
Christian intolerance. That'd be Newt Gingrich saying a man couldn't run the US without god. Out that out of 535 politicians, there is 1 outed atheist, and thats most likely because he has the safest seat around. How about the mosque in NYC, near Ground Zero (but actually nowhere near) the uproar on the Christian Republican propaganda chanel FOX was disgraceful. But they didn't stop churches being built in OKC after the bombing, did they?

Current translation of the 1st Amendment: Freedom of Christian religions, fuck muslims, fuck Atheists. Or in most current cases, fuck the 1st amendment, we're Christians we'll pass any law based on our Christian beliefs, so like the Puritans before us, we too can persecute others who don't share our gibberish

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2203 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists are EXTREMELY intolerant. Creed of Heresy 13 5590 May 26, 2012 at 1:31 am
Last Post: JessieSvendsen