Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let The Fundies Shriek in Protest.....
Let The Fundies Shriek in Protest.....
meanwhile Science just keeps trashing their fucking god.

http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/mar...-evolution

Quote:Researchers have discovered a gene duplication related to the human brain that may have been responsible for adaptive evolutionary changes leading from ancient primate ancestors to modern humans. According to the scientists who participated in the study, two gene duplications occurred that were related to brain development, an aspect of change that was key to the emergence of ancestral and, ultimately, modern humans.
RE: Let The Fundies Shriek in Protest.....
Clap
Another take on brain development in early primates.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...154025.htm

I wonder why xtian brains don't "develop?"
Min. Wrote:I wonder why xtian brains don't "develop?"

Development is impeeded by their belief in a god who had a son, that was still him, who was then sacrificed because nobody can help the fact that everyone is a sinner.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 8, 2012 at 12:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Another take on brain development in early primates.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...154025.htm

I wonder why xtian brains don't "develop?"

Because in christian brains, one of the two duplicated genes that gave humans added brain power mutated, and cancelled out the effect of its twin. So although christians possess the duplicated brain genes, neither genes function.

As a result, they walk, talk and look human, but are dumber than apes which possess at least one working brain gene.
Each of those is a fine hypothesis, gentlemen.
(May 8, 2012 at 12:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Min. Wrote:I wonder why xtian brains don't "develop?"

Development is impeeded by their belief in a god who had a son, that was still him, who was then sacrificed because nobody can help the fact that everyone is a sinner.

I would say it's because of inbreeding but....your explanation seems just as plausible. Perhaps they both apply?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
What is there to shriek about? There is no trashing of God in that article but the article does show the continuing of ignorance by evolutionists.

Quote:The first feature is a "persistent metopic suture," or unfused seam, in the frontal bone, which allows a baby's skull to be pliable during childbirth as it squeezes through the birth canal. In great apes -- gorillas, orangutans and chimpanzees -- the metopic suture closes shortly after birth. In humans, it does not fuse until around 2 years of age to accommodate rapid brain growth.

Look at that quote then look at the title of the article:

Quote:Anthropologist Finds Explanation for Hominin Brain Evolution in Famous Fossils

NO ACTUAL brain was studied, only the skull from an animal and one from a human, then they make their declaration that it is evolution.

No evidence whatsoever to support their declaration. Since these are two skulls we see no transition to prove their declaration is even close to the truth.

Quote:"The persistent metopic suture, an advanced trait, probably occurred in conjunction with refining the ability to walk on two legs," Falk said. "The ability to walk upright caused an obstretric dilemma. Childbirth became more difficult because the shape of the birth canal became constricted while the size of the brain increased.

Just dumb. She doesn't know what she is talking about and is making it up as she goes. She has no evidence for this and it is easy to put one's own ideas on long dead bones as no one has th eopportunity to refute her because this supposed action supposedly died out long ago.

In other words, evolutionists are fabricating everything and have no hope in proving themselves correct.
A creationist just dropped by to personally prove the first part of my hypothesis - that he and his kind is dumber than any ape - correct.

Now I just need to kill him in a human way so I can dissect his actual brain to his stupidity is based on mutation of duplicated gene.
You think anyone in the scientific world makes claims without evidence? They have heaps, otherwise they wouldn't think about publishing anything.

I don't see why you would have a problem with accepting things with no evidence, anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's Piss Off Some YECs Minimalist 3 594 August 4, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  "Let There Be Light" - PTSD in WWII Angrboda 2 1233 December 10, 2013 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Dear Fundies, Minimalist 2 1126 September 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Drugs may let us live to 150 Justtristo 30 7096 October 17, 2011 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: IATIA