Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny story: How a soldier got his Pastafarian dogtags
Funny story: How a soldier got his Pastafarian dogtags
This is a funny story I think Y'all would like. It's how a U.S. soldier got FSM stamped on his dogtags. http://boingboing.net/2012/05/09/how-a-u...g+Boing%29
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Funny story: How a soldier got his Pastafarian dogtags
[Image: epic_win2_epic_wins-s750x600-43511.jpg]
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
That soldier scored expert in "doing it right".
(May 10, 2012 at 6:52 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: That soldier scored expert in "doing it right".

He pulled what we called 'the old soldier act' .This did not work on most young officers.They were too full of themselves,had no sense of humour and were too stupid anyway. But most DI's love dry wit.

EG DI to platoon:"Hands up all who can drive a truck"

One hand is raised.

DI (grabbing broom) "Drive this around the parade ground"

Platoon returns in 15 minutes. Guy is leaning on broom in the middle of the parade ground.

DI ; PRIVATE GRABONSKI! What are you doing? I told you to drive that f-- broom around the f--- parade ground!

Private Grabonski: SIR! I can't find the f--- ignition,SIR!

DI takes broom and choose another volunteer.

True story.I was there. (well,it was funny at the time)
The most important think I learned in the military: never ever volunteer for anything. Especially when a DI is asking. I spent more time sweeping sunshine off the sidewalk than I care to recall.

"Private, go requisition some grid squares and compass bearings from the quartermaster."

Hilarious, unless you're the poor bastard dumb enough to stick up your hand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 1995 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3723 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 922 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5097 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Another apologist with his "clever" questions TheMonster 189 15448 November 11, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Plixin
  I find this funny dyresand 0 871 June 22, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  WHY I LEFT ISLAM - An Apostate's Story bussta33 2 1264 April 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Beatles song hey ya got to hide your love away is very relateable for forever single Rextos 3 1232 March 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 4019 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  My Conversion Story Secular Atheist 23 3920 October 18, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris