Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Conversion Story
My Conversion Story
When I was a Christian the most high planted a seed in me (or so I suppose) and month after month he's watered it and I've grown. I'm no longer afraid to speak out against Christianity, and I'm grateful to no longer be caught in that trap. I was so caught up that I was afraid to ask the right questions.  Pastors have you paying them to sow seed into fertile ground in order to receive whatever blessings you are expecting from the most high. However, nowhere in the Bible does it say you have to pay in order to receive from him. In fact, it was Peter who said to the sorcerer in Acts 8:20 "May your money parish with you because you thought you could buy gifts of God." He told him he was wicked for thinking he can purchase anything from the most high. The messiah said upon Peter he would build his church, so I don't know where the "prosperity gospel" comes from. It certainly doesn't come from the word, Peter, or the most high.

Pastors taught me that being obedient means coming to church every Sunday, supporting your church financially, working for your church and helping your pastor pursue his dreams in ministry. Pay your tithes and offerings and then they feed you a few ingratiating scriptures taken out of context to make you feel good. Then we jump up and down screaming Hallelujah like a robot. The preacher says "Jump" we reply "How high?" But I wish he would read Romans 10:1 "My people are zealous but their zeal is not based on knowledge." Or Amos 5:23 "Take away from me your noise of your songs for I will not hear the melody of your hearts." I thought that putting on a show, and singing to lure more members into the church was doing the most high a favor, but he's not in place of true worship. The pastor says "the most high is about to turn it all around for you, he's ready to pour out his blessings on you." Like a programmed robot we jump up and down and shout and then we have been programmed to think that if we give money to these people we would receive blessings. Zealous see, but dumb. We are so naive. This is the prosperity gospel at work, and it's working well for these con artists.

When I see these mega churches in Los Angeles they are full of naive Christians. These ministers don't care anything about your faithful attendance in church, all they want is your money. So badly that some churches have installed ATM machines inside to make sure you have access to your money. I don't follow the masses. When I see something that doesn't add up I question it, that was the key principle that led to who I am today. Questioning the mess in the churches, the loop hole Bible passages, the slavery, the rape, the killing "God" done, the contradictions in the Bible, everything. 

I was a Christian for about 12 years, and I got saved at age 9. I went to college to study theology and essentially wanted to be a theologian. I didn't go to one of those schools that feed me a LIE, they didn't sugar coat Christianity. It exposed it's good and it's corruption. Then I embraced my true identify, I was a Hebrew Israelite, I'm no longer a religion, I'm my nationality, my true nationality, not some race that European slave masters given me. I'm not "African American." Just because they purchased my people from Africa and then brought us to America doesn't make us what they want us to be. We are so naive.  We follow those who had our ancestors enslaved, piling our asses into these churches carrying on what kept us in bondage for 300 years. We are physically free now, but we still act like a slave. We were punished for reading the Bible as slaves, when we had church we were taught subservient message. From the back wood slave church to today we still refuse to read the Bible. Our slave masters were money hungry business men, willing to enslave an entire nation of people and the Indians to further their economic gain. The black man does this today, they start a congregation and enslaves the parishioners to do exactly what the slave master done; use the congregation to get rich. You cannot look at today's churches and say that they are no businesses. When they collect your tithes and offerings they are thinking about their budget and quota. Some of them are so bold to count your money in front of you as though you didn't give enough. Who is going to determine if my offering is enough, them or the most high?

Keeping the law is what the Bible says is the right way to equate obedience. But like slaves we don't read that Bible, we memorize some scriptures that make us feel good but we don't read it. If you did read it you will know what sin really is, it's lawlessness and transgression of law. The law remains like Christ Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." In Matthew 7 he said "Straight is the gate and narrow is the path that leads to life." It's not about following the masses, remember that, and that is the main reasons I left Christianity.
RE: My Conversion Story
Hi, I remember you.
How did things work out with the Christian housing thing?
(October 16, 2015 at 12:49 am)Thena323 Wrote: Hi, I remember you.
How did things work out with the Christian housing thing?

I'm out of there.
Congratulations on pulling it off...that couldn't have been easy.
And welcome back, btw.
Now we just have to wait about 36 hours for the first Christer on this forum to tell you that you left the faith because you didn't really think it through, or that you didn't understand something because you didn't look hard enough.

Rolleyes

Welcome (back) to the party! Grab a Solo cup. Big Grin
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Hello again.
Thank you for sharing your story.

I'm glad you're free from all that crap now! You should be proud of yourself Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome!  Smile
Good to hear from you again. Glad you're out of that living situation.

How's the family pressure? (don't feel obligated to answer)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 16, 2015 at 12:35 am)Secular Atheist Wrote: When I was a Christian the most high planted a seed in me (or so I suppose) and month after month he's watered it and I've grown. I'm no longer afraid to speak out against Christianity, and I'm grateful to no longer be caught in that trap. I was so caught up that I was afraid to ask the right questions.  Pastors have you paying them to sow seed into fertile ground in order to receive whatever blessings you are expecting from the most high. However, nowhere in the Bible does it say you have to pay in order to receive from him. In fact, it was Peter who said to the sorcerer in Acts 8:20 "May your money parish with you because you thought you could buy gifts of God." He told him he was wicked for thinking he can purchase anything from the most high. The messiah said upon Peter he would build his church, so I don't know where the "prosperity gospel" comes from. It certainly doesn't come from the word, Peter, or the most high.

Pastors taught me that being obedient means coming to church every Sunday, supporting your church financially, working for your church and helping your pastor pursue his dreams in ministry. Pay your tithes and offerings and then they feed you a few ingratiating scriptures taken out of context to make you feel good. Then we jump up and down screaming Hallelujah like a robot. The preacher says "Jump" we reply "How high?" But I wish he would read Romans 10:1 "My people are zealous but their zeal is not based on knowledge." Or Amos 5:23 "Take away from me your noise of your songs for I will not hear the melody of your hearts." I thought that putting on a show, and singing to lure more members into the church was doing the most high a favor, but he's not in place of true worship. The pastor says "the most high is about to turn it all around for you, he's ready to pour out his blessings on you." Like a programmed robot we jump up and down and shout and then we have been programmed to think that if we give money to these people we would receive blessings. Zealous see, but dumb. We are so naive. This is the prosperity gospel at work, and it's working well for these con artists.

When I see these mega churches in Los Angeles they are full of naive Christians. These ministers don't care anything about your faithful attendance in church, all they want is your money. So badly that some churches have installed ATM machines inside to make sure you have access to your money. I don't follow the masses. When I see something that doesn't add up I question it, that was the key principle that led to who I am today. Questioning the mess in the churches, the loop hole Bible passages, the slavery, the rape, the killing "God" done, the contradictions in the Bible, everything. 

I was a Christian for about 12 years, and I got saved at age 9. I went to college to study theology and essentially wanted to be a theologian. I didn't go to one of those schools that feed me a LIE, they didn't sugar coat Christianity. It exposed it's good and it's corruption. Then I embraced my true identify, I was a Hebrew Israelite, I'm no longer a religion, I'm my nationality, my true nationality, not some race that European slave masters given me. I'm not "African American." Just because they purchased my people from Africa and then brought us to America doesn't make us what they want us to be. We are so naive.  We follow those who had our ancestors enslaved, piling our asses into these churches carrying on what kept us in bondage for 300 years. We are physically free now, but we still act like a slave. We were punished for reading the Bible as slaves, when we had church we were taught subservient message. From the back wood slave church to today we still refuse to read the Bible. Our slave masters were money hungry business men, willing to enslave an entire nation of people and the Indians to further their economic gain. The black man does this today, they start a congregation and enslaves the parishioners to do exactly what the slave master done; use the congregation to get rich. You cannot look at today's churches and say that they are no businesses. When they collect your tithes and offerings they are thinking about their budget and quota. Some of them are so bold to count your money in front of you as though you didn't give enough. Who is going to determine if my offering is enough, them or the most high?

Keeping the law is what the Bible says is the right way to equate obedience. But like slaves we don't read that Bible, we memorize some scriptures that make us feel good but we don't read it. If you did read it you will know what sin really is, it's lawlessness and transgression of law. The law remains like Christ Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." In Matthew 7 he said "Straight is the gate and narrow is the path that leads to life." It's not about following the masses, remember that, and that is the main reasons I left Christianity.
No wonder you left "christianity".  You never knew what christianity is.  The only truth I can see see about christianity in you entire post are the last two verses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your conversion standard? zwanzig 21 1672 January 19, 2021 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  WHY I LEFT ISLAM - An Apostate's Story bussta33 2 1266 April 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My short story robvalue 8 1850 December 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  We are nothing for suffering (my story) MattMVS7 37 7083 October 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder? robvalue 25 4762 September 2, 2014 at 1:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Very sad story Dosolid 21 4373 June 9, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Mormon To Atheist, Here's My Story LivingNumbers6.626 14 3572 April 7, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  A story my uncle told me about god Lemonvariable72 4 2473 September 8, 2013 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  The Relgious Snitch Raps an Atheist Love Story - Awesome Gambit 16 9239 May 23, 2012 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: NoahsFarce
  Funny story: How a soldier got his Pastafarian dogtags Ziploc Surprise 4 3948 May 10, 2012 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope