Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:14 am

Poll: Which browser do you use?
This poll is closed.
Internet Explorer
15.79%
3 15.79%
Apple Safari
0%
0 0%
Firefox
42.11%
8 42.11%
Opera
21.05%
4 21.05%
Google Chrome
21.05%
4 21.05%
None of the above
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Browser do you use?
What Browser do you use?
After installing IE 8 and hating it I have eventually worked my way around to Opera, but what browser do you use and why?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: What Browser do you use?
Firefox is by far the most powerful. Google Chrome is by far the fastest.

The I.E. series does not deserve the title of "web browser". It destroys every website it visits. I know because I'm a web designer.
i sometimes have to use firefox when explorer fails to open some sites.

I use IE out of habit. I'm lazy like that
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Used to use IE for years but I eventually realized how shitty it is and now I'm loyal to firefox.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I recently rediscovered the Fasterfox extension which really speeds up browsing, as well as the about:config changes that speed up networking. My Firefox is now almost as fast as Chrome / Opera which is nice.
OK I'll play with Firefox a bit more.

How do I get my favourites over? And where do I get fasterfox?
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Opera here, I gave Firefox a go but wasn't that impressed.
(September 15, 2008 at 11:07 am)StewartP Wrote: OK I'll play with Firefox a bit more.

How do I get my favourites over? And where do I get fasterfox?
When you install Firefox you should get the option to transfer favourites over. Otherwise in Firefox click File -> Import.

Fasterfox is available here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/

I also use these extension (and recommend them):
I'm a big fan of Firefox. Opera is great as well, I love the little features is has by default that are only available in Firefox by extensions (which isn't really that much of a flaw). Chrome doesn't really do anything for me, I have no reason to switch from Firefox.
I'm just using Internet Explorer on vista i dont have a problem with it, Does what i want it to do.
But i sometimes use firefox as well. Depends on my mood i guess.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1885 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The use of "I am an/a" OP/ED Brian37 16 1195 March 31, 2019 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How much electricity do your appliances use? Jehanne 4 488 April 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without? Whateverist 31 2234 September 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Joods
  What method do you use to take off your t-shirt? brewer 21 2775 February 10, 2016 at 12:36 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Survey says! If you use more emojis than the norm, you think about sex more *Deidre* 28 5596 January 12, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Question How do you deal with religious folks who use hell to convert you?(Nevermind) IanHulett 21 3297 July 26, 2015 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Warning for those who use facebook... IanHulett 3 1173 July 16, 2015 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Humans and the silly way we use language. Brian37 13 1965 November 26, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Could use some english help. Something completely different 14 3810 February 7, 2013 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Angrboda