Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with religious folks who use hell to convert you?(Nevermind)
Question 
How do you deal with religious folks who use hell to convert you?(Nevermind)
So, I'm sure we all encountered that fundie who uses the threat of eternal torture to win converts. They say things like:

Actual quotes from a fundie I've encountered on YouTube
E***ah

"Dusty and atheists like him have a much more pressing issue at hand, eternal damnation at the moment of death."
*I respond to him, then he responds with:*
"And  when you arrive there, you will have only yourself to blame."

I've received other "you'll burn in hell" comments, from other youtubers, not just him, but in order for me to list those, I'd have to put them into the correct context for them to make sense.

What is the best way to deal with these folks? Thanks a bunch.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: How do you deal with religious folks who use hell to convert you?
Tell them that god doesn't exist. Trust me, if they believe as much as to vehemently tell you you're going to hell for not believing, they'll be really mad if they hear someone saying god doesn't exist. And if they punch you in response, don't fight back - Sue them for a compensation.

[This is how we lawyers make money]
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Nevermind. I already asked this a long time ago. I totally forgot.  Banghead
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

(July 24, 2015 at 10:38 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Tell them that god doesn't exist. Trust me, if they believe as much as to vehemently tell you you're going to hell for not believing, they'll be really mad if they hear someone saying god doesn't exist. And if they punch you in response, don't fight back - Sue them for a compensation.

[This is how we lawyers make money]

I forgot I asked this question. I feel like an idiot. I didn't even see it in my "My Posts" history. It took me to see it in the "possibly related threads" section at the bottom of the page.

RE: How do you deal with religious folks who use hell to convert you?(Nevermind)
I just tell them it's not something I can accept as just. Generally people say god wants to be worshiped willingly. Not through fear. Not because I would wet myself at the very presence of this psycho, so I'd better grovel even while wishing someone would kill it with fire.

Since I can't willingly worship someone like that, then I can't help it. If I'm doomed to hell, I can't do anything about it, because I can't love someone who does that to people.

This is why I have never feared hell. You can't have a deity that threatens you with torture, but also wants you to willingly come to him. It doesn't fit together. If he wants me to be afraid of him, I can be afraid of him, but if he doesn't want that then there's no point in threatening me. I have to come to him because I love him, or he'll set me on fire. But I can't love him because he sets people on fire.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: How do you deal with religious folks who use hell to convert you?(Nevermind)
"Fuck you and your fucking god," always seems to get the point across.

And follow it up with "go blow the holy spirit out your ass."
Start talking about graphic and hideous torments to the anus and rectum involving fantastically over-sized objects with grotesquely abrasive and/or sharp edges heated beyond scalding incandescence and pounded viciously inside the damned with enormously powerful engines.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 24, 2015 at 10:35 pm)IanHulett Wrote: So, I'm sure we all encountered that fundie who uses the threat of eternal torture to win converts. They say things like:

Actual quotes from a fundie I've encountered on YouTube
E***ah

"Dusty and atheists like him have a much more pressing issue at hand, eternal damnation at the moment of death."
*I respond to him, then he responds with:*
"And  when you arrive there, you will have only yourself to blame."

I've received other "you'll burn in hell" comments, from other youtubers, not just him, but in order for me to list those, I'd have to put them into the correct context for them to make sense.

What is the best way to deal with these folks? Thanks a bunch.

Look them dead straight into their eye's and just smile. And i follow it with something like this,  Hell you says of that's quite ironic actually i worship satan. And then i walk away.
It is the shock factor i like but this is the best way without getting into a shouting match.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Point and laugh.

Ignore them.

Take your pick. I don't play chess with pigeons.
Oh, wow, that sounds wonderful!!

You're simultaneously going to 4,999 different hells and one heaven when you die. I'm going to 5,000 different hells. We're in for some fun!!

I can't wait!!
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 18186 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1887 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Goodbye folks. Porcupine 13 1022 July 27, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The use of "I am an/a" OP/ED Brian37 16 1195 March 31, 2019 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Deal alert -- just bought The God Delusion for $3.73 Jehanne 5 745 March 16, 2019 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Peterkin
  How to deal with crooked people onlinebiker 54 7529 January 22, 2019 at 3:19 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  a New Way to Deal with an Old Problem Rhondazvous 9 1348 June 13, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How much electricity do your appliances use? Jehanne 4 489 April 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  How would you deal with an annoying person? Axis 29 2904 February 23, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without? Whateverist 31 2239 September 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Joods