Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without?
How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without?
Just curious.  Me, I am not happy without three.  (My wife also likes three, though very different than mine.)

For under my head I like medium dense memory foam pillow.  I use a denser memory foam pillow to prop up my arm and shoulder when I'm on my side (but move it to under my knees when I'm on my back).  The last is a plain, pliable pillow which lives between my legs when I'm on my side but rests on my chest when I'm on my back.  I don't like the feeling of my legs on my junk when I'm on my side; so that pillow's job is to create some space down there for the boys to breath.

My wife uses a very tiny memory foam pillow under her head, a fairly dense regular pillow to prop up a bum knee when she is on her back and super thin pillow for gawd only knows what.  (I grab that thin pillow, fold it in two and put it over my face when I'm on my back if she has a light on.)

I can get by with two pillows in a pinch but usually travel with a small memory foam pillow so that whatever is provided can be used for other purposes if there is only one.  That isn't usually a problem though.

So what do you need to be comfy and what pillows do you want to be truly happy when you sleep?
RE: How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without?
I sleep without a pillow. A pillow under my head just feels unnatural.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without?
2 pillows, resting against the headboard or a wall. If my head is too flat I get sleep paralysis.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
2.  One for the head and one to drape an arm over.
(September 28, 2017 at 1:49 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Just curious.  Me, I am not happy without three.  (My wife also likes three, though very different than mine.)

For under my head I like medium dense memory foam pillow.  I use a denser memory foam pillow to prop up my arm and shoulder when I'm on my side (but move it to under my knees when I'm on my back).  The last is a plain, pliable pillow which lives between my legs when I'm on my side but rests on my chest when I'm on my back.  I don't like the feeling of my legs on my junk when I'm on my side; so that pillow's job is to create some space down there for the boys to breath.

My wife uses a very tiny memory foam pillow under her head, a fairly dense regular pillow to prop up a bum knee when she is on her back and super thin pillow for gawd only knows what.  (I grab that thin pillow, fold it in two and put it over my face when I'm on my back if she has a light on.)

I can get by with two pillows in a pinch but usually travel with a small memory foam pillow so that whatever is provided can be used for other purposes if there is only one.  That isn't usually a problem though.

So what do you need to be comfy and what pillows do you want to be truly happy when you sleep?

Four, three for sticking my head on, the fourth usually migrates down to me hugging it.

I had loads of teddy bears as a child and am used to snuggling up to something when I sleep.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
One of those shredded memory foam pillows with the bamboo material cover.

Unfortunately my current pillow is a rather low quality version of that.

As a side note I also always listen to relaxing music.
Two, attached to my wife's chest.  Big Grin J/k, I only use one. I sprawl my legs to keep pressure off my precious. We have a king size bed, so there is plenty of room for it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Two.

A tri-pillow:

[Image: best-v-pillow-large.jpg]

And a regular pillow.
Dying to live, living to die.
One memory foam for my head, and a thin, long pillow that rests between my legs when I'm on my side. And I pretty much sleep 90% on my right side. I get strange anxiety when I lay too long on my left, and ever since giving birth I cannot lay on my stomach or back without nearly instant lower back pain. If the knee pillow it is too short, my left ankle gets sore.

I shipped my my memory foam pillow over here, and boy am I glad I did. They apparently don't believe in memory foam, or rectangles, in Germany. All the pillows we see here are these nightmarish downy giant square things that take up 1/3 of the bed and provide 0 neck support. My first 2 months here until my pillow arrived were filled with a lot of pain and sleepless nights.

I didn't ship my knee pillow, because we were limited on how much we could send, and my husband assured me we could by stuff once we got here. Insert giant eye roll because going on 3 months now, and I'm still sleeping with a decorative fish pillow between my knees that gives my ankles 0 support(and has glass eyes I need to avoid when using it). My left ankle is sore most days as I limp around the uneven cobbles here. Ha. I really need to get a propper second pillow soon. Maybe Ikea will have something more suitable.

Interesting topic Whatevs. Its amazing to think how people sleept for hundreds and thousands of years on straw, or at best, thin wool padding. Pillows werent even a thing for most humans! Sounds miserable.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
One regular pillow.
I sleep on my belly, head at the side edge of the pillow , and a hand under the shoulder on that same side to keep the neck from twisting 180º. With this, that elbow is the only place in my body that is in any stress, passive stress.

I've tried belly up: lots of stress around the neck just to keep the head from falling over to one side. That's what I call active stress. Can't fall asleep like that.
On my side: I must have too broad shoulders, and find it difficult to stay on my side... I either fall over on my belly, or my back... Need to prop up, somehow, adding active stress that prevents me from sleeping.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which do you want to go? Foxaèr 13 786 October 18, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Which famous clone would you adopt? Fake Messiah 10 933 January 24, 2023 at 7:49 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 839 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 17964 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  Which is worse? Foxaèr 13 609 February 23, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  How many here like pineapple pizza? ZenTrashin 20 1065 January 19, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Which one is the correct phrase? brewer 20 1865 September 21, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Which ancient thread of mine should I necro? Foxaèr 11 587 August 25, 2021 at 7:15 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Sad Happy feetz can't sleep no one 2 290 May 20, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: no one
  How many here have constant tinnitus? brewer 28 1452 May 20, 2021 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Astreja