Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know how to do this?
Does anyone know how to do this?
In the next month or two I am going to have some extra time and I was thinking about embarking on a project or two. I wanted to expose some of the luxurious lifestyles of some of the local pastors here in Houston. I'm a graphic artist so I was thinking about using a lot of pictures if possible.

What I need to know is how do you look up where these people live and how much their house costs especially if they don't pay taxes on the property? Also do you know if I could be sued for compiling and then sharing public information like this? If it's public information I don't see how I could be sued for slander/defamation but I don't know for sure. I'm not so sure this is a wise idea for a project but I want to know if it's even possible to do before I consider the danger of doing it.

A couple of years ago I looked for the owners of a rental house in my neighborhood. They were absentee landlords who had allowed drug dealers into the house and we weren't getting anywhere with the property management company. Anyway that's as far as I've ever gone with this stuff. After reading an article about televangelists I'm now curious about certain pastors in my city. I live in Houston and there are some pastors here who are multimillionaires.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Does anyone know how to do this?
I imagine that you can have a real estate agent assess the worth of their houses. I would talk to someone with a background in law before I proceeded, though. I'm not sure about posting their addresses. Photos of their houses and their worth is no more than what tabloids do, but they can afford lawsuits.
i don't know anything about the legality, but you want to find the "records office" or the "recorder of deeds" (there are many names that the county seat uses). there is an online site for most counties that i have researched around PA where i live. they will tend to have a legal description which verbally explains their plot of land with dimensions from the closest main street intersection. the name of the owner, the name of the seller and the amount on the deed (which is usually what was paid). if you dig deep enough, sometimes pay is required, you can check the mortgage too. there are tons of other documents attached to the folio numbers that will tell you a great deal more, if you know what you're reading. that's your call.

after you have all you need there, then you can go to a site like zillow.com and type in the address of the property you'd like to look up. it will show you the house on a map and sometimes photos inside or outside of the house (if it's on the market). scroll down and you will see property taxes, 5 year trend of value, cost home was purchased for (not always right, but close) and some other nifty stuff.

there's so much more, but this should get you started.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(May 15, 2012 at 8:38 pm)jackman Wrote: i don't know anything about the legality, but you want to find the "records office" or the "recorder of deeds" (there are many names that the county seat uses). there is an online site for most counties that i have researched around PA where i live. they will tend to have a legal description which verbally explains their plot of land with dimensions from the closest main street intersection. the name of the owner, the name of the seller and the amount on the deed (which is usually what was paid). if you dig deep enough, sometimes pay is required, you can check the mortgage too. there are tons of other documents attached to the folio numbers that will tell you a great deal more, if you know what you're reading. that's your call.

after you have all you need there, then you can go to a site like zillow.com and type in the address of the property you'd like to look up. it will show you the house on a map and sometimes photos inside or outside of the house (if it's on the market). scroll down and you will see property taxes, 5 year trend of value, cost home was purchased for (not always right, but close) and some other nifty stuff.

there's so much more, but this should get you started.
Thanks this is the sort of information I was looking for. Does anyone know a (or the) site that has public information. I want information that would be available to ordinary people. I could be wrong about this but I think if I stick to this sort of information I should be ok legally. After all I'm just sharing information that anyone can find on their own. Specifically I'm looking for the United States, Texas, Houston.

(May 15, 2012 at 7:53 pm)Shell B Wrote: I imagine that you can have a real estate agent assess the worth of their houses. I would talk to someone with a background in law before I proceeded, though. I'm not sure about posting their addresses. Photos of their houses and their worth is no more than what tabloids do, but they can afford lawsuits.

That costs money and wouldn't be in the rhelm of public information. I want to stick to free available informationl
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Try doing online searches of them. Property Tax and Assessment information can be online usually. It is in my state and free on the city website to look up housing information. Even if they don't pay taxes you may be able to find the assessed value then you can use the MIL rate of the property to calculate what the taxes would be.

You could also try some social engineering, not legal, but neither is stealing tax dollars for a lavish lifestyle.
Social engineering works in the IT world all the time.
Its probably already been done....this is just the first example I came up with.

http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog...-mansions/

Even better is to scan through some of the comments by idiot believers making excuses for them.
(May 16, 2012 at 2:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Its probably already been done....this is just the first example I came up with.

http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog...-mansions/

Even better is to scan through some of the comments by idiot believers making excuses for them.

Ok, It looks like I'm going to send my own thread off on a wild tangent. All I can say is that it's all Min's fault. He posted the link in the quote box above and I only followed his suggestion to read the comments in the comment section. So, again, it's all Min's fault. That being said, have you read this shit? Here's a quote (in reference to how to deal with millionaire prosperity preachers: "I believe that Salvation is the most important gift to man! Thats what we should focus on. If what some of these preachers are doing is wrong, let them answer to God. Don’t get yourself in trouble by putting your mouth on them. *ooh Ziploc wants to make a comment here*

David could have killed Saul but he didn’t because he realized that God annointed him. We have to let God deal with those who have gone rogue. We also have to trust that not every pastor that is rich is rogue. Let us continue to pray for all people regardless if they are bad or good."

For everyone else, thanks for posting. I now have something to go on. As for you Min, it's all your fault. By god, I've heard people defend prosperity preachers, I've even had my ass reamed for "judging" them, but I thought it was just because I was hanging around a bunch of idiots. I had no idea how prevalent this shit was.

xtianity = stupidity.

What's amusing ( or tragic...depending on p-o-v ) is that Luther began by denouncing the concentration of wealth in the church and his followers look to have latched onto the vatican model with both hands while still denouncing the "papists."

They are incapable of seeing their own hypocrisy!
As others have stated, get a legal consultant. It wouldn't be hard to find the information as you could just Dox them.. All the information is technically public, just not in sight. However they'd make up some excuse and you'd end up in court.. Beware people with money, chances are they can buy their way out of trouble.
~Lane~
(May 18, 2012 at 11:55 am)SavageNerdz Wrote: As others have stated, get a legal consultant. It wouldn't be hard to find the information as you could just Dox them.. All the information is technically public, just not in sight. However they'd make up some excuse and you'd end up in court.. Beware people with money, chances are they can buy their way out of trouble.

I'm not going to do anything that requires money.

I hate the fact that I have to worry about getting sued for posting public information. Especially when it exposes immoral behavior. Those with money can afford to be immoral.

On a similar note (one that is slightly off topic) I have learned from my 30 years of being a Christian that those within the church can get away with a lot more and can get much more favor than schmucks like me. How much they can get away with and how much favor they can get is dependent mostly upon how desperate the pastor is but also on how unethical he is. Of course throughout history and within many religions (I venture to say all) it's always been this way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone understand Trumps base? Atomic Lava 72 6158 June 13, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Anyone know who Michael Savage is? NuclearEnergy 14 3987 May 28, 2017 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Anyone know the reason all that missile footage was released so quickly? NuclearEnergy 7 1028 April 9, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So just out of curiousity: anyone know how Trump is going to make America Great NuclearEnergy 35 4104 January 21, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Drumpfuck Does Not Know Minimalist 55 3084 August 2, 2016 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Anyone know what this argument is about? DeistPaladin 18 5344 December 19, 2010 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris