Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't unzip a bunch of files:
Can't unzip a bunch of files:
Example: rev-dc3e.zip.083

There are over 30 of 'em

I've tried Win rar, Winzip and 7zip. I'm obviously doing something wrong or the files are corrupt.

Any ideas?
RE: Can't unzip a bunch of files:
(May 23, 2012 at 1:06 am)padraic Wrote: Example: rev-dc3e.zip.083

There are over 30 of 'em

I've tried Win rar, Winzip and 7zip. I'm obviously doing something wrong or the files are corrupt.

Any ideas?

Re-download the files. If 7zip isn't opening them, they aren't an archive.

Oh wait. Have you tried WinACE yet? If they are WinACE files nothing else will open them.

Pirates dug ACE files back in the day, not sure if it's still being used though.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
The .083 suggests to me that the .zip was divided into 83 parts (or more). Usually when this happens you will only be able to unzip if you start the process with the first zip file (rev-dc3e.zip.001 or rev-dc3e.zip.000 usually).
As tibs as said, using this form of compression requires you to extract using the 001. Use 7zip, right click on the 001 and tell it where to extract and it will open them all in sequence.
Fixed,thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generating WAV files FlatAssembler 8 1064 May 4, 2020 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Help unzipping old zip files popeyespappy 29 2556 December 19, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Multi Language Subtitle Files Darwinian 2 1174 April 6, 2012 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Darwinian