Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gospel of Plutarch
The Gospel of Plutarch
Christianity seems to be ironic in the sense that it doesn't like Pagan traditions. The irony is that it should be thankful for Paganism, because one of the 'founders'of Christianity wrote from a purely Pagan philosophical framework.

Lucius Mestrius Plutarchus, or Plutarch, was a historian who was born in 46 AD. He studied mathematics and philosophy at the Academy of Athens and eventually became a 'celebrity' among Greeks. He wrote many famous pieces of work including the Moralia which is a collection of 78 essays and transcribed speeches. Among these are works such as On the Worship of Isis and Osiris which shows that Plutarch was very familiar with Egyptian religion.

So what does Plutarch have to do with any of the Gospels? His ability to write was so exceptional that to the average person there isn't any correlation between the name Plutarch and (drum roll) the Gospel of Luke, and for that matter, Acts. The evidence is right there in these two works though, embedded as a puzzle by Plutarch.

I'll jump straight into it: Lucius, or Luc for short (with a long 'u'), used a play on words and named one of his works Lux Gospel. Lux is the Goddess of light, and embedded within this Gospel lies the parallels to Paganism in the form of a 'Sacred Number'.
  • In the first chapter there are only 5 numbers scattered throughout the first 80 verses. They are 5,6,6,3 and 8. Multiply them to get 4320.
  • Divide 4320 by 2 to get the diameter of the moon (2,160 miles);
  • multiply 432,000 by 2 to get the diameter of the sun (864,000 miles);
  • square 432 to get the speed of light (186,624 miles per second).

The 'root' number is 432 and numbers built from this one are said to be harmonics of the number 432. So what Luc has embedded in his work is a reference to the light that shines at night, the light that shines by day, and light itself.. The moon, sun and light itself. If we know anything about Paganism it's that the moon and sun played a huge role in their theology.

The Acts of the Apostles, or as Luc's use of Philo's rules for the allegorical interpretation of scripture reveals it as, the Axe of the Apostle refers to the axe that Paul wielded to destroy the Tree of Life that the Nazarenes and Essenes used as a tool to teach their doctrines.

I don't know if much of this made sense because I'm still getting a better understanding of what all of this means, but here's some evidence that makes it undeniable that Plutarch is 'Luke' in disguise (based on scholarly views of 'Luke' and also historical + Plutarch's own writings):

Luke/Plutarch:

Same or similar names used by Luke/Plutarch:

And others here: http://www.gottnotes.com/ArticlesLukeandPlutarch2.html

So as I said, I probably didn't introduce all this evidence as smoothly as I would have liked to, but it was all so overwhelming that I wanted to share it. From what I've gathered so far though, Plutarch's cleverness preserved the pagan teachings of the day from those that were persecuting the group that we now call Christians.

EDIT: Plutarch was writing to all of us that 'love the study of religion' as Theophilus is two words; 'Theo' which is Greek for 'all things religious' (maybe the word 'THEOlogy' stems from it?) and 'philus' simply means 'love'.

He was speaking out to anyone that wanted to hear 'the truth' of the time, embedded in a puzzle of course.

Other sources:
http://www.thenazareneway.com/plutarchs_parable.htm
http://www.thenazareneway.com/The%20Gosp...20Paul.htm
http://www.gottnotes.com/PlutarchsParable.html
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: The Gospel of Plutarch
(May 23, 2012 at 10:05 am)FallentoReason Wrote: [*]Divide 4320 by 2 to get the diameter of the moon (2,160 miles);
The diameter is 2159.1 miles.
Quote:[*]multiply 432,000 by 2 to get the diameter of the sun (864,000 miles)
Diameter of the sun is 864327.3 miles.
Quote:[*]square 432 to get the speed of light (186,624 miles per second).
Speed of light is 186282 mps.

Damn, wrong on all three counts. Guess numerology really is a bunch of woo.
(May 23, 2012 at 10:20 am)Phil Wrote:
(May 23, 2012 at 10:05 am)FallentoReason Wrote: [*]Divide 4320 by 2 to get the diameter of the moon (2,160 miles);
The diameter is 2159.1 miles.
Quote:[*]multiply 432,000 by 2 to get the diameter of the sun (864,000 miles)
Diameter of the sun is 864327.3 miles.
Quote:[*]square 432 to get the speed of light (186,624 miles per second).
Speed of light is 186282 mps.

Adding up the errors to a total of 670.2 and dividing through the sum of the 3 numbers gives us a percentage error of .06%.

Not bad for someone living 2000 years ago!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(May 23, 2012 at 10:27 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
(May 23, 2012 at 10:20 am)Phil Wrote: The diameter is 2159.1 miles.Diameter of the sun is 864327.3 miles.Speed of light is 186282 mps.

Adding up the errors to a total of 670.2 and dividing through the sum of the 3 numbers gives us a percentage error of .06%.

Tell me, did the ancient Greeks calculate measurements with a modern mile of 5280 feet or is this some modern asshats interpretation of numerological woo?
(May 23, 2012 at 10:30 am)Phil Wrote:
(May 23, 2012 at 10:27 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Adding up the errors to a total of 670.2 and dividing through the sum of the 3 numbers gives us a percentage error of .06%.

Tell me, did the ancient Greeks calculate measurements with a modern mile of 5280 feet or is this some modern asshats interpretation of numerological woo?

The entire imperial system came from the Greeks.

Moreover, they collected from the members of the human body the proportionate dimensions which appear necessary in all building operations; the finger or inch, the palm, the foot, the cubit.

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Measurements.htm

So answering your question, no, they used their original system which has been adapted somewhat.
(May 23, 2012 at 10:34 am)FallentoReason Wrote: So answering your question, no, they used their original system which has been adapted somewhat.

So it is a modern spin on someones numerology which is what I said. Thought you were going to be an engineer? You mean critical thinking is optional?
(May 23, 2012 at 10:38 am)Phil Wrote:
(May 23, 2012 at 10:34 am)FallentoReason Wrote: So answering your question, no, they used their original system which has been adapted somewhat.

So it is a modern spin on someones numerology which is what I said. Thought you were going to be an engineer? You mean critical thinking is optional?

I don't understand your point exactly. What I understand less is why you're making a big deal out of a percentage error of .06% i.e. negligible for argument's sake as opposed to possibly reacting in any way when presented the idea that Lux-Axe was written by a Pagan historian. What's more important here?
(May 23, 2012 at 10:46 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
(May 23, 2012 at 10:38 am)Phil Wrote: So it is a modern spin on someones numerology which is what I said. Thought you were going to be an engineer? You mean critical thinking is optional?

I don't understand your point exactly. What I understand less is why you're making a big deal out of a percentage error of .06% i.e. negligible for argument's sake as opposed to possibly reacting in any way when presented the idea that Lux-Axe was written by a Pagan historian. What's more important here?

My point is my incredible disgust that an engineering student that thinks numerological woo is valid. Anyway, the reason I am addressing the numbers is simply because they are wrong (and most of the argument hinges on them being correct) and the methodology used is a well known wooish technique. The error is not .06% and the fact that you as an engineering student thinks that it is a valid calculation is extremely scary to me.
(May 23, 2012 at 10:58 am)Phil Wrote: My point is my incredible disgust that an engineering student that thinks numerological woo is valid.
Not in the least bit. I think it's rather bizarre that the number 4320 from the Gospel comes dangerously close to the 3 facts about the sun, moon and light. I'm not making any assumptions from there onwards in the form of endorsing Pagan theology.

Quote: Anyway, the reason I am addressing the numbers is simply because they are wrong (and most of the argument hinges on them being correct) and the methodology used is a well known wooish technique.
The arguments don't even need those numbers. It may seem like it in this thread because that's partly what I focused on, but can't you see that it's merely Plutarch's personal beliefs that shine through in the form of those numbers? His beliefs don't change the fact that he wrote Lux-Axe, but his beliefs give us the parallels of his works and Lux-Axe.

Quote: The error is not .06% and the fact that you as an engineering student thinks that it is a valid calculation is extremely scary to me.

|2 159.1 - 2 160| = 0.9
864 327.3 - 864 000 = 327.3
|186 282 - 186 624| = 342

Percentage error = (0.9 + 327.2 + 342)/(2 159.1 + 864 327.3 + 186 282)*100 = 0.0637%

EDIT: ah, sorry you're right. I've done the individual errors and got an average for the overall error and I came up with 0.0877%. Was that what you got?
You could do the same sort of thing with pretty much every book, it is not proof that someone specific wrote them. Even if those numbers were put in there deliberately, it would not necessarily mean Plutarch wrote the gospel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel of John controversy Jillybean 12 504 March 4, 2024 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mark's Gospel was damaged and reassembled incorrectly SeniorCitizen 1 352 November 19, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Embellishments in the Gospel of Mark. Jehanne 133 13468 May 7, 2019 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11734 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 5792 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The Anonymous Gospel Manuscripts athrock 127 23330 February 9, 2016 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles = Satanic Gospel Metis 14 4061 July 17, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why do gospel contradictions matter? taylor93112 87 19042 April 28, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Desert Diva
  The infancy gospel of thomas dyresand 18 6792 December 29, 2014 at 10:35 am
Last Post: dyresand
  "Gospel Quest" (or The Jesus Timeline) DeistPaladin 93 16834 August 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist