Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"?
How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"?
So this has been bothering me for a while. I am 100% sure that Matthew, Luke and John's gospels were not "divinely inspired" and they are not the "word of god" because of some of the errors I found in them. However, I can't find any errors in Mark's gospel. No historical errors, no theological errors, nothing. In addition to that, I don't see how it contradicts the old testament in any way.

How can you prove that Mark's gospel is not the word of god? Is there anything in this gospel that scholars don't agree with? Is there anything in the gospel that proves that this book was not divinely inspired?
RE: How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"?
Magic. Ultimately you have to believe in a magical supreme being. And existence of supernatural still wasn't proven.
(August 27, 2016 at 8:54 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Magic. Ultimately you have to believe in a magical supreme being. And existence of supernatural still wasn't proven.

Tbh I'm gonna need something more convincing. Scholars wouldn't simply say it's false because it makes you believe in a supernatural being.
Why do I have to prove something that I make no assertions about? Christians have not proven that anything (including the gospel of Mark) is the word of their god. I'll wait for them to do the work before I believe anything.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Being that Jesus is a mythological character the entire New Testament is an historical inaccuracy.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

How can you prove that it is the word of god?
I need a proof that is specifically directed towards Mark's gospel. I believe that every book in the New Testament is faulty, except for gospel of Mark. So I need proof against the gospel of Mark.
No need to prove that. I can't prove the writing on a toilet wall isn't the "word of God" either. It's an impossible thing to disprove.

People making claims need to provide the proof.

The gospel of Mark is a story. That's about the best thing you can say about it. It's loosely based on facts, in places, at best.

What do you mean by "faulty"?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 27, 2016 at 9:04 am)Lincoln05 Wrote: I need a proof that is specifically directed towards Mark's gospel. I believe that every book in the New Testament is faulty, except for gospel of Mark. So I need proof against the gospel of Mark.

This is your claim. You provide the proof.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Let me rephrase the question: If a person said, "The gospel of Mark is the only book in the new testament that was divinely inspired. No other books in the NT are words of god", then how would you prove him/her wrong?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel of John controversy Jillybean 12 493 March 4, 2024 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mark's Gospel was damaged and reassembled incorrectly SeniorCitizen 1 350 November 19, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1956 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 9385 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Embellishments in the Gospel of Mark. Jehanne 133 13261 May 7, 2019 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 5747 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20246 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11238 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  The Anonymous Gospel Manuscripts athrock 127 23280 February 9, 2016 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51165 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho