Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The infancy gospel of thomas
The infancy gospel of thomas
Here is a few things since i was lucky enough to find it i started to give it another reading. and boy jesus was pretty cool in this i wonder why they removed it. oh i know why a virgin birth is already ridiculous. i mean ill give you 5 removed passages from the bible enjoy.

1. Jesus the dragon master

CHAP. 18.--And having come to a certain cave, and wishing to rest in it, the blessed [8] Mary dismounted from her beast, and sat down with the child Jesus in her bosom. And there were with Joseph three boys, and with Mary a girl, going on the journey along with them. And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired. Then was fulfilled that which was said by David the prophet, saying: Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons; ye dragons, and all ye deeps [9] And the young child Jesus, walking before them, commanded them to hurt no man. But Mary and Joseph were very much afraid lest the child should be hurt by the dragons. And Jesus said to them: Do not be afraid, and do not consider me to be a little child; for I am and always have been perfect; and all the beasts of the forest must needs be tame before me.

2. Never mess with jesus and pools of water

1 1 When the boy Jesus was five years old, he was playing at the ford of a rushing stream. And he gathered the disturbed water into pools and made them pure and excellent, commanding them by the character of his word alone and not by means of a deed.
Animation of the Sparrows 2 Then, taking soft clay from the mud, he formed twelve sparrows. It was the Sabbath when he did these things, and many children were with him.
3 And a certain Jew, seeing the boy Jesus with the other children doing these things, went to his father Joseph and falsely accused the boy Jesus, saying that, on the Sabbath he made clay, which is not lawful, and fashioned twelve sparrows.
4 And Joseph came and rebuked him, saying, “Why are you doing these things on the Sabbath?” But Jesus, clapping his hands, commanded the birds with a shout in front of everyone and said, “Go, take flight, and remember me, living ones.” And the sparrows, taking flight, went away squawking.
5 When the Pharisee saw this he was amazed and reported it to all his friends.

2 1 And the son of Annas the scribe had come with Joseph. And taking a willow twig, he destroyed the pools and drained out the water which Jesus had gathered together. And he dried up their gatherings.
2 And Jesus, seeing what had happened, said to him, “Your fruit (shall be) without root and your shoot shall be dried up like a branch scorched by a strong wind.”
3 And instantly that child withered.
(he didn't need to kill a kid it was just...water.....)

3. jesus the murderer. he loves to kill kids.

3 1 While he was going from there with his father Joseph, a child running tore into his shoulder. And Jesus said to him, “You shall no longer go our way.” And instantly he died. At once the people, seeing that he was dead, cried out and said, “Where was this boy born that his word becomes a deed?”

(you know a child is born to say oh i'm sorry even in those days killing a child no its not okay)

4. jesus the road warrior
(woman and children and men are not safe even nature and wild animals aren't safe from the tyrant either.)

13 1 And after some days, again another teacher said to his father Joseph, “Come, brother, give him to me into the classroom so that with flattery I might be able to teach him letters.”
2 And going into the school he found a book lying on the lectern. And taking it, he did not read what was written in it but, opening his mouth, he quoted such terrifying words that the teacher sitting opposite listened to everything gladly and encouraged him so that he might say more, and the crowd standing there were astonished at his holy words.
3 And Joseph quickly ran to the school suspecting this teacher was no longer inexperienced and that he may have suffered. But the teacher said to Joseph, “You did not deliver a disciple to me, but a teacher.”
4 And Joseph took the boy and led him away to his house.

Jesus and the Snake Bite 14 1 And Joseph sent James into the forest to gather sticks. Jesus also went with him. And while they were gathering the sticks, an abominable snake bit James on his hand.
2 And as he sprawled out on the ground and lay dying, the boy Jesus ran to James and did nothing but blow on the bite and immediately the bite was healed. And the snake was destroyed.

(destroyed as in snake goes BOOM)

5. snitches get stitches (jesus hates snitches)

5 1 A teacher named Zacchaeus was standing listening to Jesus saying these things to his father and he said, “Oh wicked boy!”
2 He said to Joseph, “Come, bring him, brother, so that he may learn to love those his own age, honour old age and revere elders, so that he may acquire a desire to be among children, also teaching them in return.”
3 But Joseph said to the teacher, “Who is able to restrain this child and teach him? Do not consider him to be a small cross brother.”
Jesus and the Zachaeus 4 And the boy Jesus answered and said to the teacher, “These words which you have spoken, I am strange to them. For I am from outside of you, but I am within you on account of existing in this material excellence. But you, a man of the Law, do not know the Law.” And he said to Joseph, “When you were born, I existed and was standing beside you so that, Father, you may be taught a teaching by me which no other knows nor is able to teach. And as for the cross of which you have spoken, he shall bear it, whose it is. For when I am greatly exalted, I shall lay aside whatever mixture I have of your race. For you do not know where you are from; I alone know truly when you were born, and how much time you have to remain here.”
5 And those standing there were astonished and cried out aloud and said to him, “Oh, what a new and incredible wonder! Such words we have never known, not from the priests, nor the scribes, nor the Pharisees. Where is this boy from, who is five years old and says such things? Never have we seen such a thing.”
6 The boy answered them and said, “Why are you so amazed? Moreover, why do you not believe that the things that I said to you are true? When you were born and your fathers and your fathers’ fathers, I, who was created before this world, know accurately.”
7 And all the people listening were speechless, no longer able to speak to him. Approaching them, he skipped about and said, “I was playing with you because I know you are amazed by trifles and to the wise you are small.”
8 Now when they seemed to be comforted by the boy’s consolation, the teacher said to his father, “Come, bring him into the school and I shall teach him letters.” And the schoolmaster, flattering him, took him into the classroom. But Jesus was silent. And Zacchaeus wrote the alphabet for him and began to teach the letters. And he would repeat a letter to him frequently. But the boy did not answer him. Becoming irritated, the teacher struck him on the head. And the boy became angry and said to him, “A smith’s anvil, when struck, teaches whoever strikes it; it is not the anvil which is taught. I know the letters which you are teaching more accurately and far better than you. To me these things are like a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal which do not represent the sound nor the glory nor the power of understanding.”
9 When the boy ceased from his anger he said by himself all the letters from alpha to omega with much care and clearly. Looking straight at the teacher he said, “Not knowing the alpha according to its nature, how can you teach another the beta? Hypocrite! If you know, first teach me the alpha and then I will trust you to speak of the beta.”
10 While many listened, he said to the teacher, “Listen, master, and understand the order of the first element. Pay close attention here how it has sharp lines and a middle stroke which you see pointing, crossing over, meeting, going out, drawn aside, elevated, dancing in chorus, [one word uncertain], in triple rhythm, two-cornered, of the same form, of the same thickness, of the same family, making to rise, balanced, of equal measure, of equal length — these are the lines of the alpha.”

6 1 And after the teacher heard such a description and such lines of the first letter Jesus had expressed he was puzzled about such teaching and his defense. And the teacher said, “Woe is me for I have brought shame down upon myself.
2 “Take this boy away from me, brother. This boy simply is not of this Earth; he can even tame fire. Perhaps this boy existed before the flood of Noah. What kind of womb bore him? What kind of mother reared him? I do not know. Woe is me, brother! He stupefies me. I cannot follow along in my mind. I have deceived myself, thrice unhappy as I am. I thought to gain a student and I am found having a master.
3 “I must be cast out and die or flee from this village on account of this boy. For I can no longer be seen in the presence of everyone, for I am an old man but I have been defeated by a very small boy. But what can I say or tell anyone concerning the lines of the first element which he proposed to me? Truly, friends, I do not know. For I understand neither the beginning nor the end.
4 “This child is something great thing, either a god or an angel or whatever else I might say — I do not know.”

7 1 The boy Jesus laughed and said, “Now let the barren bear fruit and the blind see the fruit of judgement.”
2 And instantly all those who had fallen under his curses were restored. And no-one dared to make him angry from that time on.

Thinking wow no wonder why these were removed from the bible. people would be horrified if jesus was around their children.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: The infancy gospel of thomas
The book was probably not included in the bible because it countered the church's theology not because Jesus was a spooky child worthy of his own horror movie.

How does a god child act? Does he throw holy tantrums? Luckily, Jesus the god never existed
(December 24, 2014 at 10:37 am)Nope Wrote: The book was probably not included in the bible because it countered the church's theology not because Jesus was a spooky child worthy of his own horror movie.

How does a god child act? Does he throw holy tantrums? Luckily, Jesus the god never existed

ROFLOL his tantrum cursing people in a class room then getting calmed down to uncurse the people.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Jesus Christ!

(Pun intended)

Reminds me of the kid from one of the twilight zone episodes.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 24, 2014 at 10:49 am)Spooky Wrote: Jesus Christ!

(Pun intended)

By all means jesus is no peaceful person.

Code:
(December 24, 2014 at 10:26 am)dyresand Wrote: And the young child Jesus, walking before them, commanded them to hurt no man. But Mary and Joseph were very much afraid lest the child should be hurt by the dragons. And Jesus said to them: Do not be afraid, and do not consider me to be a little child; for I am and always have been perfect; and all the beasts of the forest must needs be tame before me.
And then Mary asked "wait, why the fuck have I been carrying you around all this time, you lazy little prick???"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 24, 2014 at 10:51 am)dyresand Wrote:
(December 24, 2014 at 10:49 am)Spooky Wrote: Jesus Christ!

(Pun intended)

By all means jesus is no peaceful person.

Oh no disagreement from me. He basically sounds like a terrorist.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 24, 2014 at 10:52 am)Tonus Wrote:
(December 24, 2014 at 10:26 am)dyresand Wrote: And the young child Jesus, walking before them, commanded them to hurt no man. But Mary and Joseph were very much afraid lest the child should be hurt by the dragons. And Jesus said to them: Do not be afraid, and do not consider me to be a little child; for I am and always have been perfect; and all the beasts of the forest must needs be tame before me.
And then Mary asked "wait, why the fuck have I been carrying you around all this time, you lazy little prick???"

One would wonder the same.... right.... he is a magic freaking baby and all.

Code:
(December 24, 2014 at 11:31 am)dyresand Wrote:
(December 24, 2014 at 10:52 am)Tonus Wrote: And then Mary asked "wait, why the fuck have I been carrying you around all this time, you lazy little prick???"

One would wonder the same.... right.... he is a magic freaking baby and all.

She was probably afraid to put him down. He sounds like an early version of those glowing eyed children in Village of the Damned.
If that was my kid I'd have smashed its brains in and done everyone a favour.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel of John controversy Jillybean 12 493 March 4, 2024 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mark's Gospel was damaged and reassembled incorrectly SeniorCitizen 1 350 November 19, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Embellishments in the Gospel of Mark. Jehanne 133 13260 May 7, 2019 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11720 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 5747 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The Anonymous Gospel Manuscripts athrock 127 23278 February 9, 2016 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles = Satanic Gospel Metis 14 4052 July 17, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why do gospel contradictions matter? taylor93112 87 19000 April 28, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Desert Diva
  "Gospel Quest" (or The Jesus Timeline) DeistPaladin 93 16781 August 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm
  Gospel Contradictions: Sermon on the ? findingdoubt 25 10214 September 5, 2013 at 12:30 am