Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crescent Venus
Crescent Venus
[Image: Venus_5192012.jpg]

Crescent Venus, taken at 9:27 PM EDT on 5/19/2012 at the LAS Observatory, Curby, Indiana
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Crescent Venus
beautiful
Wooooah.....

that is all..
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Nicely done.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I thought that's the solar eclipse I saw on Sunday.Tongue
Here is a cropped version:

[Image: Venus_5192012_cropped.jpg]
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Oregenicman, I remember we had something of a conversation about you starting a website for your photos. It could be monetized and you could earn money. You said you were perhaps interested, but didn't know where to begin. I know that Adrian is offering space on this server for a small fee. We also have some talented members who I am sure could help you get something started. I have some knowledge of different ad companies that can monetize your site. At any rate, if you do get it into your head that you would like to do it, start a thread. Your pictures are great!
Take up the offer orogenicman!! Your pics are fantastic!! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1469 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Japanese satellite captures transit of Venus fuckass365 2 1877 June 30, 2012 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: jackman
  Venus profile from one of my transit images orogenicman 7 3434 June 8, 2012 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: jackman
Star Transit of Venus Erinome 24 6439 June 6, 2012 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Venus has an ozone layer downbeatplumb 6 1728 October 7, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Jackalope