Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name that internet account! Win fabulous prizes!
Name that internet account! Win fabulous prizes!

I seriously need to switch internet providers, because my current is shit.

The problem? I need a name for my account with the new provider, and indecision is causing me to procrastinate.

I actually need 3 names, as they provide 3 email accounts. Anyway, feel free to offer up any suggestions, relevant, serious, irrelevant, irreverent — it doesn't matter.
I'm just hoping the process will help unstick my valves or something, or strengthen my resolve to commit.

I've ignored the name apophenia, as I don't want a privacy breech caused by internet persona and ISP account having the same name. And while I'm fond of Vajraghosa, I don't think I'm a Vajraghosa.

I have thought of using Kadesha. Kadesha is a variant spelling of Qaddesha or Qaddeshim, which in the bible is interpreted as referring to the temple prostitutes of other religions. (I'm told that the Hebrew actually simply means 'holy', and could just be a reference to priests of those religions — I rather like that duality.)

Anyway, let her rip. What names should I use?

Or to add some geek spice, share some of your own, such as machine names. (My current machine names are Rusalka and Kore; with Gjallarhorn, Nimue, Lilith and Ophelia being retired.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Name that internet account! Win fabulous prizes!
ainehpopa- apophenia in reverse
EpiphanyPersephone- your winter name

Smile

When I am writing a story I sometimes use this site to help me think of names. I put in a word or two that reminds me of the character, then see what I get.

http://www.blogthings.com/topics/name

LOL

your "outrageous name" was bertha contro.

How about "hobosthrowtheirpoo"
You could use "Aqsunqur", means "Gyrfalcon" in Tatar.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
What about just "Someone"?
(June 4, 2012 at 5:19 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: You could use "Aqsunqur", means "Gyrfalcon" in Tatar.

[Image: 220px-USAF_falcon.jpg]

Wikipedia Wrote:The Gyrfalcon, also spelled gerfalcon, — Falco rusticolus — is the largest of the falcon species. The Gyrfalcon breeds on Arctic coasts and the islands of North America, Europe, and Asia. It is mainly resident there also, but some Gyrfalcons disperse more widely after the breeding season, or in winter.[nb 1] The Gyrfalcon is dispersed throughout much of the Northern Hemisphere, with populations in Northern America, Greenland, and Northern Europe. Its plumage varies with location, with birds being coloured from all-white to dark brown.

The bird's common name comes from French gerfaucon; in medieval Latin it is gyrofalco. The first part of the word may come from Old High German gîr (cf. modern German Geier) for "vulture", referring to its size compared to other falcons; or from the Latin gȳrus for "circle" or "curved path"—from the species' circling as it searches for prey, distinct from the hunting of other falcons in its range.[nb 2] The male Gyrfalcon is called a gyrkin in falconry. The scientific name is composed of the Latin term for a falcon, Falco, and for a countryside-dweller, rusticolus.

Wow. Thanks mehmet, that is very cool.

One thing to keep in mind, as they will also be email names, they need to be short and easy to spell and remember. I like EpiphanyPersephone; it reminds me of my Wikipedia account, which is, "Apophenian Alchemy". I keep meaning to make a glittery signature with the words Apophenian and Alchemy staggered on top of each other, followed by the slogan, "wabi-sabi while you wait", but alas, I lack the skills.

hobosthrowtheirpoo. A bit long I think. But maybe, "AirbornePoo" or "poopytrim", which is a reference to anal sex and the movie dogma. Meh. Probably too nasty for my tastes. But fun. Smile

I was just listening to Rick James' "Super Freak". That's another direction I could go. so many good ideas. keep 'em coming.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 4, 2012 at 7:06 am)apophenia Wrote: hobosthrowtheirpoo. A bit long I think.

That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time.

I'm beginning to think there's no fabulous prizes at all. I think it may be a "lie"; yes, deception... lies... it is a concept I have only recently become aware of. People will often say one thing and then do another - promise prizes but deliver none. It is a concept I'm learning about at great cost!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 803 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Name That Tune V2.0 onlinebiker 14 573 August 7, 2022 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Internet Utopia Ahriman 71 5072 October 7, 2021 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Name me........ Brian37 6 619 July 3, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Name that musician... arewethereyet 29 1513 April 19, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2189 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Name your poison. Brian37 49 1737 August 29, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 729 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 800 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Why don't we name tornadoees like hurricanes? Brian37 19 1642 April 26, 2020 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Ranjr