Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you think we will have extraterrestrials visit us? visit us
When do you think we will have extraterrestrials visit us? visit us
I am not looking for a date, but I think they will visit when we truly start exploring space (i.e. spaceships) or at less become a level 1 society (were the people of earth are united and everything is universal).
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: When do you think we will have extraterrestrials visit us? visit us
Did you not see E.T? It already happened, dude.
Cunt
(June 7, 2012 at 12:03 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: I am not looking for a date, but I think they will visit when we truly start exploring space (i.e. spaceships) or at less become a level 1 society (were the people of earth are united and everything is universal).

Why?
Why would they want to?
They'll probably come after mankind is extinct as a bunch of space traveling archeologists.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(June 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm)frankiej Wrote: Did you not see E.T? It already happened, dude.

Dude fuck E.T have you seen the fucking pyramids?

[Image: 9189283.jpg]
Perhaps when we've grown up. That could take a few million years! We're still in our infancy, we don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet, let alone keep our planet clean and tidy. We still have imaginary friends and have a terrible fear of the big wide world.

Simply put - We're far too fucking primitive to interact with a far more advanced race. We're still dumb dumb. We still think we're the purpose of the universe.

I would of been dead for a few thousands years before mankind grows up. If we don't kill ourselves before then that is.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
1. If they had the technology for interstellar travel, how the hell would aliens even know we exist? Our planet is an insignificant pale blue infinitesimal spot in the vast cosmos.

2. Why the hell would they even care about coming here? If they're all that advanced then I'm fairly confident they'd be smart enough to know this trip isn't exactly what you'd call "necessary" and horribly uneconomical at best. If they're violent, then what's stopping them from invading?
(June 7, 2012 at 5:21 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: If they had the technology for interstellar travel, how the hell would aliens even know we exist?

They overheard a broadcast of Justin Bieber.

Quote:If they're violent, then what's stopping them from invading?

They overheard a broadcast of Justin Bieber.
Never. There is more of a chance that all the religions are true than we will be visited by little gray men.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2172 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1692 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1459 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 953 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 461 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  South Park. What you think of Cartman? Snideon 10 569 July 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: mediocrates
Question What do you think of this new indian spiritual guru ? Megabullshit 4 823 April 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  A tale of American healthcare as told through one Doctor visit Figbash 14 1647 December 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I Think We Have A Female Doctor Here. Minimalist 11 1317 September 3, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Advertising "Who do you think you're fooling?" Brian37 15 1744 March 30, 2018 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy