Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-1-1 is NOT a customer complaint department.
9-1-1 is NOT a customer complaint department.
Just saw this on the news on tv, every so often you here these type of stupid stories. A guy called to complain that his sandwich wasn't made properly.

REALLY? So while idiots like this tie up the line, someone who is in real trouble like having a heart attack, or being robbed, dicks like you tie up
9-1-1.

9-1-1 is for EMERGENCY USE ONLY! No one likes crappy service, but it is not life and death so get over yourself. If the service was that bad, then don't go back. But you should really be put in jail for distracting emergency services.
RE: 9-1-1 is NOT a customer complaint department.
Same here. We get some phenomenally powerful idiots who ring 999 to complain about their neighbours dog barking, or next door's tree overhanging their garden, and so on.

999 is for life or death emergencies, you a-holes out there.

888 is for everyday occurrences like your purse was stolen some time ago, a domestic dispute, cars blocking junctions, accidents without injuries, and so on.
999 and 112 are the emergency numbers in the UK. People abuse those all the time, too! I think it's just awful and potentially costs lives. I think jail would be a bit harsh, but a £1000-£5000 fine would be appropriate.

Our non-emergency number for the Police is 101. I think this was only introduced recently, at least I only heard about it around 6 months or so ago. Hopefully that is taking the strain off 999 and 112!
This is the effect of living in a police state. When almost everything is illegal (from spitting on the ground, to walking across the street improperly) who says what is, a cop's job, and what is not, a cop's job? Apparently it's his job to tell me to wear my seatbelt, and put on a bike helmet, so why not?

I once heard a story of a woman who called 911 because her husband..... wouldn't eat his dinner...
When I lived in the dirty south, they would jail them
I was in jail for having a mental breakdown. My cellmate who was schizophrenic was in jail for "improper use of emergency line"
He got 30 days of jail because he was lost and didn't know where he was at night. Called 911 hoping for help

Maybe it's bad to tie up services, but I believe 911 has multiple lines.
Either way I'm against punishment
In the case of mental illness I do think far to many people get treated as if they have no problem, in this case treatment is in order.

And you put a mirror to my face just now because I often rail against the idea of punishment in any case and advocate containment and positive correction.

Good point.
(June 17, 2012 at 6:27 am)Brian37 Wrote: Just saw this on the news on tv, every so often you here these type of stupid stories. A guy called to complain that his sandwich wasn't made properly.

REALLY? So while idiots like this tie up the line, someone who is in real trouble like having a heart attack, or being robbed, dicks like you tie up
9-1-1.

9-1-1 is for EMERGENCY USE ONLY! No one likes crappy service, but it is not life and death so get over yourself. If the service was that bad, then don't go back. But you should really be put in jail for distracting emergency services.
I've heard this call.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTrgJTlFkcg
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheating website hacked and customer data released. CapnAwesome 67 10162 August 20, 2015 at 6:21 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  What type of customer are you? Foxaèr 14 2306 June 10, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: lunafreespirit
  Shouldn't the Department of Homeland Security Minimalist 13 1890 August 4, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris