Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area.
Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area.
This story is about no one in particular.

One day, several years ago, I was leaving my place of employment. Changing back into my civies. Do my make sure I got it dance.
Wallet, check.
Keys, check.
Shades, check.
Phone, phone, where's my phone?

Now I rummage through my backpack, not in there.
On top of my locker? Nope.
In my locker? Nope.
Maybe if I check my pockets again. Nope, still not there. 

In my backpack,? Nope.
My locker? Nope.
Oh, it must be in my pocket, nope.

Half way through the thrid take, I realize that I am only searching with one hand.
Why, you might ask.
Because I am dumb, I've been talking on the phone the whole time.
RE: Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(June 5, 2020 at 3:24 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt  Smile

...can't find the coffee cup.
(June 5, 2020 at 3:26 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(June 5, 2020 at 3:24 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt  Smile

...can't find the coffee cup.

It's in your hand!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(June 5, 2020 at 5:17 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote:
(June 5, 2020 at 3:26 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ...can't find the coffee cup.

It's in your hand!
No, no, no, that's the remote.
Frantically searched my car and purse for my cell phone before the days of Bluetooth connectivity in cars. Looked in, on, under, around everything at least three times before I realized that I was holding the phone to my ear having a conversation.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

The other day I was shopping and the phone rang in my pocket and I very nearly answered a block of chocolate I was holding in my hand.

1+1 = applesauce *runs into wall*
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

I decide to call my cell when I couldn't find it. It took me a minute to understand why my cell phone's number wasn't in my cell phone's call records.
22 years ago was trying to finish a very rigorous semester in Nursing School. Working full time supporting spouse and kids, paying mortgage. Burning the candle at both ends and in the middle. One early morning I was getting coffee at the convenience market. Nasty brew that required 6 of those plastic 1/2 and 1/2 cups. So...creamer 1,2,3,4,5....and I realize I have poured the creamer in the trash and put the 5 plastic cups in my coffee. I was dressed to instill trust in the health care profession. Spotless white scrubs and lab coat, Stethoscope around my neck. The construction worker next to me shakes his head and says "Dude?!".
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb donald's parents? no one 2 455 October 13, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Dumb things people say Lemon Curry 17 1526 April 21, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 975 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1734 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  I Think I'm Getting Ready to Do Something Dumb (and Expensive) Rhondazvous 21 1978 March 29, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  I'm organizing a donation drive for the unsheltered homeless in my area Jackalope 38 3509 February 17, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Animals that are just plain dumb BrokenQuill92 20 1291 January 19, 2017 at 9:47 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  post pic of your workspace/pc area/personal lair Marsellus Wallace 33 5027 September 2, 2015 at 4:38 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Anyone In The Seattle Area? Minimalist 15 2709 July 20, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Dumb Fucks Minimalist 2 608 July 14, 2015 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Longhorn