Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I an atheist?
Question 
Am I an atheist?
I dunno if I ever had any actual or true beliefs in God in the past. But yes, I did use to pray during the tough, tensed times, say, when the exam results were coming out. From the past three years, I'm very much confirmed that there is no such thing as God. I don't make any prayers anymore(not even false ones). When I see people making any references to God, I feel that they are stupid. That they are dependent on something that doesn't exist. I also don't believe in the saying: As you sow, so shall you reap. Since there is nobody watching us. We live, do whatever we want, eventually die and disappear from the world. There's no such thing as a soul or rebirth.

From the points I stated above, can I be considered as an Atheist?
RE: Am I an atheist?
Welcome.

If you don't believe in a god then you are an atheist, bud.
Cunt
(June 21, 2012 at 4:19 pm)c.P.u1 Wrote: From the points I stated above, can I be considered as an Atheist?

Pretty much. An atheist is someone who does not believe in god. It's as simple as that.

So yeah, you're an atheist. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Do you believe in god? If not then yes you are an atheist. If so then no you are not.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Didn't know it was this simple. But I do not find any people in my circle who don't believe in God. I've asked many people but they all believe in it. What is it that makes a person believe in something they've never seen or felt?
(June 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm)c.P.u1 Wrote: What is it that makes a person believe in something they've never seen or felt?

A childish approach to life perhaps?
Cunt
If you have to ask ..... you aint.

You put your religious views down as "Not Sure".

So Atheist you aint.

Maybe an Agnostic ...but Atheist ? ..... Nah.

You need to work out why you feel there is no god ,why are these people stupid ?
and you might want to reconsider the "do whatever we want" bit too....

Start by trying "do whatever we choose to be right"
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

(June 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm)Watchman Wrote: You need to work out why you feel there is no god

There really isn't much need for that. You don't have to try and figure it out. It isn't a big deal for everyone. I have been an atheist all my life and I did just fine before I started getting into science, I didn't think about it much.
Cunt
(June 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm)Watchman Wrote: If you have to ask ..... you aint.

You put your religious views down as "Not Sure".

So Atheist you aint.

Maybe an Agnostic ...but Atheist ? ..... Nah.

You need to work out why you feel there is no god ,why are these people stupid ?
and you might want to reconsider the "do whatever we want" bit too....

Start by trying "do whatever we choose to be right"

I do not ask them if they believe in it, I ask them why they believe in it. And I'm pretty much sure that nothing can make me believe that God does exist. Sorry for the "do whatever we want" part.
(June 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm)c.P.u1 Wrote: Didn't know it was this simple. But I do not find any people in my circle who don't believe in God. I've asked many people but they all believe in it. What is it that makes a person believe in something they've never seen or felt?

They're pulling your leg a little. We will need names of at least two character witnesses and then there are the annual dues. I'll get you the address as soon as you're vetted.

Wink