Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite theist if atheist or atheist if theist
Favourite theist if atheist or atheist if theist
So I've noticed once of twice a little bit of hate being exchanged a couple of times...

To bring some hope of more balance, peace and love n stuff like that - I thought it would be a good post to put down your favourite atheist if you are a theist and your favourite theist if you are atheist (antitheist etc.). I think it would be most intriguing and beneficial if it were public figures (E.G. Bob Dylan, Bob Marley etc... Or like Dawkins for an atheist for example). I'm sure that people love their mum who is a hardcore Christian or Silkh or whatever but I feel it would be more accessible to people if it were public figures.... I hope!

I'll start -

My favourite atheist would be Frankie Boyle (UK comedian) through the caustic Glaswegian humour lies a guy who is caring and decent... But most of all - he is the slickest comedian who's razor sharp wits cut through the rest of the competition like a sharp knife through some decidedly twee butter.
I've been lucky to spend a tiny but of time with the guy a few years ago and I am very much grateful for the experience....

What about you? Do you have a fave that crosses the divide?
Kudos given by (1): Dawud
RE: Favourite theist if atheist or atheist if theist
My favorite theist is a dead theist.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
lol..maelstrom :fistpump:

Wouldn't know Dawud, I don't know too much about the beliefs of most public figures. Couple of really important theists in my private life though (my wife being one).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Gandhi.

No one else even comes close.

Especially no one from your religion.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Fuck a bunch of ghandi. Guy was an asshat.

Wink Shades
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I like Rayaan best.
None! Since, people I know that have some form of religion or spirituality try to convert me.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Martin Luther King for theists and Bill Nye for atheists. I gave both since I'm pretty agnostic.
(April 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: My favorite theist is a dead theist.

My favorite theist is one who is sent to heaven while cowering and sniveling and begging that it wasn't so.

(April 23, 2013 at 7:26 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Gandhi.

No one else even comes close.

Especially no one from your religion.

So you believed the hype of Ben Kinsley?
William Blake.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 436 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 146140 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  What is your favourite positive argument for atheism/unbelief? Lucanus 113 25407 April 22, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Questions for theist and atheist Torin 14 3375 August 18, 2016 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Torin
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4006 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here. Mystic 99 23676 January 11, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheist vs Anti-theist z7z 65 19778 July 14, 2015 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What am I atheist or what but not theist? myrobot 13 3235 March 29, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  Questions: atheist/theist friends pineapplebunnybounce 22 5779 July 19, 2013 at 3:24 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Barriers to atheist - theist dialogue Gabriel Syme 22 8908 February 12, 2013 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda