Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would Jesus Do - in Mexico?
What Would Jesus Do - in Mexico?
Article Wrote:Mexican troops have arrested the son of the country's most-wanted drug suspect, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

Jesus Alfredo Guzman Salazar was arrested with another person in central Jalisco state in an operation by marines in the city of Zapopan

Oh yeah, Jesus' dad is going to be REALLY pissed.

Link
Article Wrote:More than 55,000 people have died in Mexico in drug-related violence since he declared war on the cartels.

It's already a fucking blood bath down there. You think the president will last? Come election time, we'll see if the Mexican people are really willing to pay the price to be drug free have the illusion of being drug free. Undecided

So the question I'm actually posing: What's worse? A war-torn country you can't dare set a foot in? or a country that produces millions of kilos of illegal drugs?

My thoughts ... the Mexican drug cartel isn't forcing me to put a needle in my arm or snort booger-sugar. If the US government has taught us anything about 'wars on drugs' and 'wars on terrorism' and wars in general ...... their outcome isn't all that fucking favorable.

Thinking
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: What Would Jesus Do - in Mexico?
[Image: 539821_457158730962089_1942772282_n.jpg]

We're not all kittens and rainbows:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2658859/

Also, "cures cancer" is patently offensive to me -- I've lost and nearly lost other relatives to breast and other cancers.

They're totally different, many cancers. Pathology is different down to the molecular level.

"Cures cancer" is woo of homeopathic proportions.

Not to mention our society seems to have a drinking problem, an oxycodone problem and an adderall problem.

All this shit should be licensed to people who've got jobs or medical dispensation.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
That image stretches the truth a little, methinks. From what I understand there's conflicting research about the effects of long term usage.

I'm for decriminalising or legalising all drugs. In my opinion it's foolish to think the war on drugs can be won or even come close to achieving its aim (i.e., significantly reduce drug use) without changing the world into a police state. Almost everybody already knows someone who either deals, buys or knows where to get drugs. While I don't think decriminalising or legalisation are magic bullets, I think they're a better solution to look at than sending people to jail for an often (but not always) harmless crime.

ETA: Also, instead of saying drugs are bad and showing pictures of amputees, car accidents, etc, the drug education at schools should actually ... educate. Explain what each drug does and really go into the details instead of using bullshit scare tactics. And I'm not saying don't go into the bad side of stuff, just that the education should be more inclusive rather than just "drug X is bad for you."
What we really need to do to solve the drug problem is understanding that not every drug user is an addict. Addicts don't need prison, they need proper treatment. Then we need to provide children (from a young age) many opportunities for personal satisfaction (through sports, education and social interaction). The "Drug War" had failed. We need to move on.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(June 25, 2012 at 10:55 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Sorry Cinj but that poster is total bollocks.

I'm for legalizing cannabis but fuck me that poster is sooooo wrong on so many counts.
not to mention moros' link had a word in it that is all measure of awesome - "Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy". i don't smoke weed, i'm a cigar man, but i want that.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(June 26, 2012 at 9:40 am)Napoleon Wrote:
(June 25, 2012 at 10:55 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Sorry Cinj but that poster is total bollocks.

I'm for legalizing cannabis but fuck me that poster is sooooo wrong on so many counts.

thats fair Nap. The poster is a heavily biased, but the point of the message is still true don't you think? Alcohol is a killer on a scale that marijuana doesn't even come close to.

I think that should be the real point even if the creator was stretching the truth quite a bit. (To be honest, I didn't read the pic that closely when I posted it.)

I'm sure I read somewhere that they arrested the wrong guy...

Edit: I knew I read it somewhere. I'm not sure if this was the original place, but it says the same thing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/worl...le4366106/
(June 26, 2012 at 11:30 am)Cinjin Wrote: thats fair Nap. The poster is a heavily biased, but the point of the message is still true don't you think? Alcohol is a killer on a scale that marijuana doesn't even come close to.

I think that should be the real point even if the creator was stretching the truth quite a bit. (To be honest, I didn't read the pic that closely when I posted it.)

Stretching the truth or outright lying?

To say it repairs brain cells and cures cancer is fucking insane.

I wouldn't have so much of a problem if the first words on that poster weren't "Let's look at the facts".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If there would be a depression, what would Trump say if he ran for reelection? Jehanne 26 3244 February 27, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Trump threatens to send troops into Mexico to take care of the "bad hombres" Aegon 23 5988 February 12, 2017 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  New Mexico makes it 17 down, 33 to go. Ryantology 42 8099 January 23, 2014 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Next battle in the fight for same sex marriage: New Mexico TaraJo 0 765 March 19, 2013 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  25,000 year old human foot prints found in Mexico Justtristo 37 8366 October 1, 2011 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: technophobe