Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25,000 year old human foot prints found in Mexico
25,000 year old human foot prints found in Mexico
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/10...in-mexico/
undefined
RE: 25,000 year old human foot prints found in Mexico
good one Tristo!! Smile
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
But I though Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 and discovered America? Right? That's what I was taught in school. So if there were people already here what happened to them all??? Hahahaha

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
Errr, the article gave the foot print date a range of 4500 - 25000 years, with a nearby camp dated 11000 years ago. I would say latching onto the top end of the error bar is unwarranted?
Largely
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1RrV5ezXJ4GO5YncwCUS...OQOZDvm0Og]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 27, 2011 at 2:19 pm)paintpooper Wrote: But I though Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 and discovered America? Right? That's what I was taught in school. So if there were people already here what happened to them all??? Hahahaha

Columbus bought diseases that killed 95% of them by some more recent estimates.
(September 27, 2011 at 5:12 am)Justtristo Wrote: http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/10...in-mexico/

I didnt know frodo had been to mexico!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(September 27, 2011 at 2:19 pm)paintpooper Wrote: But I though Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 and discovered America? Right? That's what I was taught in school. So if there were people already here what happened to them all??? Hahahaha

But they sure don't teach that in school. They make you celebrate the extinction of the indigenous people. When I think back about some things I learned in school, its pretty sad how much stuff they omitted.
Then there is the find at Valsequillo, Mexico which the Clovis-First crowd has done its best to suppress.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...79774.html

Quote:The sediments immediately above the ash ranged from 9,000 to 40,000 years old. The dates of all three layers therefore suggest the footprints were made about 40,000 years ago, she said.
(September 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm)paintpooper Wrote:
(September 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm)Chuck Wrote:

But they sure don't teach that in school. They make you celebrate the extinction of the indigenous people. When I think back about some things I learned in school, its pretty sad how much stuff they omitted.

There is a lot of recent research on pre-columbian America that hasn't reach popular history yet. These research suggests pre-columbian Indian world is so enormously different from pervailing popular conception to a degree that is truly mind boggling. It also suggest these Indian cultures practiced land management techniques totally unique and had such stupendous golbal ecological impact that what the Indians did materially effected the rise and fall of classical old world civilizations like Rome and China.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You Have Less than One Year ZoomerTrumper 4 405 February 26, 2024 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  I think I have found my favorite. Brian37 31 2929 March 2, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" plan is really expensive over a 10-year period.... Aegon 40 4593 September 22, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  13,000 you Saudi fucks??? WinterHold 8 2577 November 22, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Not This Year, You WLB! Minimalist 13 2905 August 24, 2017 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  30 foot Chicken Fireball 4 524 August 10, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Trump threatens to send troops into Mexico to take care of the "bad hombres" Aegon 23 5983 February 12, 2017 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually Aegon 73 9576 January 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Wolf Blitzer - Look What He Found in the Archives! Minimalist 22 1895 August 12, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  WikiLeaks publishes searchable database of almost 20,000 emails from DNC. Tiberius 202 19695 July 29, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Tiberius