Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The religion of Love kills
The religion of Love kills
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/woman-di...orn-child/

All the comments from people were talking about how great it was that she declined treatment, but the whole time I was thinking about all the people I’ve ever heard that abortion was murder, and realized that maybe if they had shut it she’d still be alive.
RE: The religion of Love kills
Quote:Corbella inevitably lost her battle with cancer on June 13, 2012.

So 'god' didn't save her? She was stupid and he, if he existed, would be a miserable cocksucker.

Take religion and shove it.
(June 22, 2012 at 7:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Corbella inevitably lost her battle with cancer on June 13, 2012.

So 'god' didn't save her? She was stupid and he, if he existed, would be a miserable cocksucker.

Sounds a little harsh, I don't see her as stupid, just tragicly religious.
Sometimes it's a fine distinction.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't mind being "harsh."
(June 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm)ZSO Wrote:
(June 22, 2012 at 7:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: So 'god' didn't save her? She was stupid and he, if he existed, would be a miserable cocksucker.

I agree. She let her fucked beliefs stand in the way of what could have been. The tragedy of it far outweighs the stupidity.
Quote:She let her fucked beliefs stand in the way of what could have been.

That's a pretty good definition of stupidity.
I've seen a few cases like this, and every time I've wondered how anyone can call it a brave and selfless thing to do - yeah, let's bring a kid into the world never knowing it's mother, chances are knowing that it was responsible for their mother being dead, and leave the father with a kid he doesn't know at the expense of a woman he did know and love. And all of this is assuming the child survives.

I'm pro-choice so of course I believe it's up to every woman to make that choice for themselves, I just honestly believe that when it comes down to a choice between the woman's life and a bunch of cells, there's not really much of a choice to be made. Save yourself, then when you're better try for another kid.
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
(June 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm)ZSO Wrote:
(June 22, 2012 at 7:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: So 'god' didn't save her? She was stupid and he, if he existed, would be a miserable cocksucker.

Pray tell, what exactly is the difference between stupid and tragically religious?
(June 22, 2012 at 8:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:She let her fucked beliefs stand in the way of what could have been.

That's a pretty good definition of stupidity.

It’s the definition of irrationality, plenty of stupid people are rational, plenty of smart people are irrational, religious people are not stupid, neither is religion stupid, religion is a series of irrational beliefs that have captivated some of the brightest minds for thousands of years. The mistake atheist often make is not truly understanding religious belief.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is it okay when God kills people? Cecelia 107 27568 May 19, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: SteveII
  God kills a child for the sin of the father Brakeman 37 11275 June 11, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  "why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus" CleanShavenJesus 3 2418 June 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1401 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am