Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion is extremely arrogant.
Religion is extremely arrogant.
Even if there was god and afterlife.
Religious people are arrogant because they say what god wants and says and they say specific what afterlife is like.
I think this is EXTREMELY arrogant and god wouldn't like that.
RE: Religion is extremely arrogant.
(July 4, 2012 at 4:16 pm)Opsnyder Wrote: Even if there was god and afterlife.
Religious people are arrogant because they say what god wants and says and they say specific what afterlife is like.
I think this is EXTREMELY arrogant and god wouldn't like that.

Just noticed? Tongue

They do seem very sure of themselves don't they? God mimics the personality of the believer. Doesn't take long to notice that really.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Work on your word choice.
I agree with your central message, but you seem to have said it in a way that could be misinterpreted.

I.e. They "say what God wants" sounds like "God wants X and they express it" rather than "They say what they interpret to be God's desire".
Sorry to notpick. Not even an issue, really. More my problem than your or anyone else's.
My conclusion is that there is no reason to believe any of the dogmas of traditional theology and, further, that there is no reason to wish that they were true.
Man, in so far as he is not subject to natural forces, is free to work out his own destiny. The responsibility is his, and so is the opportunity.
-Bertrand Russell
Well I mean if I was god I wouldn't like people to say they know what I said when they don't know. Especially if I don't like what they clam I have said.
Afterlife is even more arrogant because they say what is happening and will happen to people.

For instance people say to me that I will go to hell when they in fact know nothing about god or afterlife. Makes me want to punch them in the face.
(July 4, 2012 at 4:20 pm)Opsnyder Wrote: Well I mean if I was god I wouldn't like people to say they know what I said when they don't know. Especially if I don't like what they clam I have said.
Afterlife is even more arrogant because they say what is happening and will happen to people.

For instance people say to me that I will go to hell when they in fact know nothing about god or afterlife. Makes me want to punch them in the face.

Wouldn't it be funny if they were the ones to end up in hell? After all, threatening, judging and being intolerant to people and go on to state that it was god who said it could be a really stupid thing to do.
Atheists probably give any real god out there far more respect by refusing to accept that such a god theists describe couldn't possibly be that stupid.
That's just my take on it. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(July 4, 2012 at 4:20 pm)Opsnyder Wrote: Well I mean if I was god I wouldn't like people to say they know what I said when they don't know. Especially if I don't like what they clam I have said.

Thanks for not coming down to hard on me for making you clarify, despite my being pretty sure of what you meant.

Now that I understand, I agree with you entirely. I hate when people smash on homosexuals and their responce upon my inquiry as to why they act as they do is "Because Gawd condemns them to hell".
That's like a double offence in my opinion- open bigotry, followed by a threat of an imaginary place of eternal torture for a minority group whose only offence is locked in their own bedrooms on occasion. I simply can't believe it.
My conclusion is that there is no reason to believe any of the dogmas of traditional theology and, further, that there is no reason to wish that they were true.
Man, in so far as he is not subject to natural forces, is free to work out his own destiny. The responsibility is his, and so is the opportunity.
-Bertrand Russell
I can't wait till the more vocal of our theists get in on this thread. The amount of stupidity will quite litrally stun you to the point where you'll wonder if they're not all paid actors. I'm thinking of one in particular right now who is pretty much the Karl Pilkington of this forum.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
How can they NOT be arrogant.

Afterall they believe they possess ultimate truth and are the chosen few of the creator of the entire fucking universe.

That sort of belief make true humbleness kinda hard to maintain.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4398 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16749 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism
  An Extremely ( Annoying ) Truth HUMAN CREATURE 15 5185 October 24, 2013 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Zazzy
  Atheists are EXTREMELY intolerant. Creed of Heresy 13 5633 May 26, 2012 at 1:31 am
Last Post: JessieSvendsen
  MY FATWA: Why atheists are corrupted, arrogant, and totally brain dead! Niqabi Ninja 59 25494 April 4, 2012 at 9:22 am
Last Post: LastPoet