Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the
World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the
World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the 20th century

During the First World War, the Entente formed a union not on a religious basis
military science has become irreligious
In the Russian Empire, people wanted to de-Christianize
RE: World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the
At work.

Hello! Big Grin

Uhm.... perchance you might want to subdivide and further unpack your thoughts into finer points?

Cheers.
RE: World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the
(December 24, 2019 at 5:53 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Hello! Big Grin

Uhm.... perchance you might want to subdivide and further unpack your thoughts into finer points?

Cheers.

I do not know English well, therefore I did not understand)
At work.

(December 24, 2019 at 6:01 am)Interaktive Wrote:
(December 24, 2019 at 5:53 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Hello! Big Grin

Cheers.

I do not know English well, therefore I did not understand)

Hug

I then appologize for my literary ephemera previously posted.

Perhapse you can break your thoughts down into shorter and/or simpler sentences and ideas?

For example, you seem quite upset about the events that unfolded around the early decade of the last century?

Cheers.
(December 24, 2019 at 5:15 am)Interaktive Wrote: During the First World War, the Entente formed a union not on a religious basis

I guess I don't see this as unique to WWI.

The Franco-Prussian War and others prior to WWI were not aligned along religious lines. 

Even the Thirty Years War began, in part, for religious reasons but pretty soon turned into a war between two Catholic blocks (Hapsburgs vs. France) for political power.

Or am I not understanding you?
(December 24, 2019 at 6:05 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

(December 24, 2019 at 6:01 am)Interaktive Wrote: I do not know English well, therefore I did not understand)

Hug

I then appologize for my literary ephemera previously posted.

Perhapse you can break your thoughts down into shorter and/or simpler sentences and ideas?

For example, you seem quite upset about the events that unfolded around the early decade of the last century?

Cheers.

not

I'm glad that humanity has abandoned religion)

(December 24, 2019 at 6:11 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(December 24, 2019 at 5:15 am)Interaktive Wrote: During the First World War, the Entente formed a union not on a religious basis

I guess I don't see this as unique to WWI.

The Franco-Prussian War and others prior to WWI were not aligned along religious lines. 

Even the Thirty Years War began, in part, for religious reasons but pretty soon turned into a war between two Catholic blocks (Hapsburgs vs. France) for political power.

Or am I not understanding you?

the Crimean war in the 19th century was based on the struggle of Catholics and Orthodox for some kind of church in some kind of Jewish city
At work.

(December 24, 2019 at 6:16 am)Interaktive Wrote: not

I'm glad that humanity has abandoned religion)

Ah.

The first industrial conflagration was more due to the arrogance and ignorance of a few than any theological influence.

Basically, ignorant old twits ignored a good amount of information regarding what the current state/technology of conflict/war was capable of.

Churches pretty much just got dragged along for the ride.

Cheers.
(December 24, 2019 at 6:16 am)Interaktive Wrote: the Crimean war in the 19th century was based on the struggle of Catholics and Orthodox for some kind of church in some kind of Jewish city

Well, kind of.

The protection of religious rights was the immediate cause. But religious rights are easily ignored if there's no power at stake. The war wouldn't have happened if the Ottoman Empire weren't collapsing and Western European powers hated the idea of Russia gaining territory. 

But, OK. Let's pretend the Crimean War was about religion. Does this mean that WWI was the first not to be religiously based? Because I think you're not going to be able to support that.
(December 24, 2019 at 6:39 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(December 24, 2019 at 6:16 am)Interaktive Wrote: the Crimean war in the 19th century was based on the struggle of Catholics and Orthodox for some kind of church in some kind of Jewish city

Well, kind of.

The protection of religious rights was the immediate cause. But religious rights are easily ignored if there's no power at stake. The war wouldn't have happened if the Ottoman Empire weren't collapsing and Western European powers hated the idea of Russia gaining territory. 

But, OK. Let's pretend the Crimean War was about religion. Does this mean that WWI was the first not to be religiously based? Because I think you're not going to be able to support that.

World War I was non-religious. Europe is Christian, and Japan is Buddhist. No one was engaged in proselytism.
(December 24, 2019 at 6:45 am)Interaktive Wrote: World War I was non-religious. Europe is Christian, and Japan is Buddhist. No one was engaged in proselytism.

Those sentences are true, but I don't know why you typed them.

Are you still claiming that WWI was the first non-religious war? 

Was the Franco-Prussian War fought for religion? The Russo-Japanese War?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1166 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Disasters, war, crime, ect ... and Survival. Brian37 19 1614 July 19, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How are you going to commit to the war on Christmas? Fidel_Castronaut 108 25862 January 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? ErGingerbreadMandude 137 38732 June 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: comet
  6 day war snerie 6 1150 March 30, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Does the World Need Religion? phoenix31 85 10056 February 7, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  do you worry about if anything bad would happen if christianity died? Rextos 26 5019 February 13, 2016 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Science and Religion not in direct conflict? maestroanth 26 5105 December 31, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Does Religion Have A Place in the World? InsomniacMike486 23 5719 July 31, 2015 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  would the world be better off if we all died? Jextin 29 4224 July 21, 2014 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Whateverist