Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flawless Victory!
Flawless Victory!
Alright, so I've got to ask... any Mortal Kombat fans here? One of my all time favorites back in the day. I had the first 3 games for SEGA Genesis (miss that old brick) and the trilogy one for PS1.
You really believe in a man who has helped to save the world twice, with the power to change his physical appearance? An alien who travels though time and space--in a police box?!? [Image: TARDIS.gif]
RE: Flawless Victory!
The first game and the newest game, yeah. I loved MK, especially playing it at the arcades.
I'm more of a Tekken and SoulCalibur kid of girl, though I should probably try MK out.. Which one is the best one to get aquainted with first? Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 8, 2012 at 5:23 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: The first game and the newest game, yeah. I loved MK, especially playing it at the arcades.

Yeah everything after UMK3 was kinda crap. The new one was absolutely fantastic (mostly for the x-ray shots). It was cool to see them go back to all the original stuff in an updated format.

(July 8, 2012 at 5:53 am)Kayenneh Wrote: I'm more of a Tekken and SoulCalibur kid of girl, though I should probably try MK out.. Which one is the best one to get aquainted with first? Smile

If you're into retro gaming, the first 3 were fantastic. There's also MK Trilogy where they combine all the characters and stages from the first 3. That's a PlayStation one I think. Otherwise, I'd say the most recent one (it's just called "Mortal Kombat" and it came out last year) is really great. The stuff in between was more or less the same and kind of dull, just the developers experimenting with 3D graphics.
You really believe in a man who has helped to save the world twice, with the power to change his physical appearance? An alien who travels though time and space--in a police box?!? [Image: TARDIS.gif]
I really only liked MK2. Sub-zero ftw! Slide, floor freeze, uppercut FTW
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
Always liked Sub-Zero. Scorpion is my favorite though.
I was a big Scorpion fan too. I liked sub zero second and I used Sonya when I was facing a particularly button mashy opponent who did the endless high punches or leg sweeps. You see, when you time it right you will always win with Sonya's leg throw and nothing is more humiliating than being leg thrown to death!
I haven't played the new one, but MK2 was easily the best of the ones I've played. Scorpion was the best.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
S'all about Quan Chi.
Not exactly a fan, it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to put a jpg of a fatality after someones utterly broken anothers argument.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin 1v5 Dota victory Aractus 7 958 April 21, 2016 at 6:35 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude