Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramadan Mubarak!
Ramadan Mubarak!
To Rayaan and all Muslims reading, have a good month and I hope you go stronger in patience and will power through fasting!
RE: Ramadan Mubarak!
Hey Muslims, why not just love god (if you must) and humanity as opposed to starving your body?

Food (or not) for thought.
Deeds of devotion.

If you took any religious studies class, you'd know that deeds of devotion are often expressed by faithful adherents to a religious belief.

Singling out muslims with a smarmy post. Classy.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(July 19, 2012 at 6:50 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: If you took any religious studies class,
I only live once.

I'm not wasting my fucking life on that crap. I'll die with regret otherwise.

And you?
A dabbler who spends his time with drugs am I.

My time is not wasted.

And I possess regrets anyways.

Is knowledge wasted if you like to know things?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
@Rayaan; I hope you gain the peace you hope for from Ramadan.

I lived in Malaysia,so am awarer just how hard fasting can be. I guess that's the point. Ramadan certainly makes lent look pretty pathetic.bbCool Shades

Quote:I'm not wasting my fucking life on that crap.

That is your right. Also your right to behave like a churl, and insult Rayaan. I have the right to express my distaste. Angry
(July 19, 2012 at 8:06 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: My time is not wasted.
Well, I suppose everything is ultimately a waste since death is inevitable.

Quote:And I possess regrets anyways.
Same here. I don't think its possible to die happy. Life sucks like that.

Quote:Is knowledge wasted if you like to know things?
Only if you're forever forgetting what you've learned like I am and are constantly having to relearn it over and over again. Then knowledge and the learning process becomes more of a vicious circle, rather than a pursuit of happiness, a cycle of "misery, squashed expectations and woe" if you will.

Or maybe its because I'm tired of what I perceive to be the bullshit in life, the wasted effort, and have become abrasive and thick as shit over time? A little knowledge and too much ambition is a dangerous combination after all.

(July 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm)padraic Wrote: That is your right. Also your right to behave like a churl, and insult Rayaan. I have the right to express my distaste.
A lack of enthusiasm for religious studies? That's not insulting Rayaan. So what you're expressing distaste for is a mystery.

I'm asking what the justification is for starving one's own body voluntarily and why do they expect to be respected for it when millions of people are starving to death in this wretched fucking world who have no say as to whether or not they can eat?

Its like asking for the justification for why most women who've become mothers expect to be congratulated for having children when there's already BILLIONS of us fuckers running amok on this planet and continuing to have more kids using up all the natural resources without any restraint?

Geez I feel like the human race is a disease some days. We do whatever the hell we wanna do. Fuck the consequences as long as we're happy has been our attitude thus far. >.>
Welsh Cake, Muslims don't get to make up their religion now, they take from Quran and what they deem authentic hadiths (sayings of Prophet or if Shia Prophet + 12 Imams).

They didn't decide to fast Ramadan, they rather submitted to teachings of Mohammad whom they believed was conveying the teachings of God.

So take it up with either Mohammad or God, which ever one you believe taught them to do what they do.
(July 20, 2012 at 1:31 am)MysticKnight Wrote: They didn't decide to fast Ramadan
Yes they did. BECAUSE OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE FASTING OBVIOUSLY.

*sigh* I'm surrounded by mindless sheep every bloody where.

Does a single Muslim ever ask themselves "What is the point in all this?" I'm holding out the hope there are some who realise its silly and insulting to those who are genuinely starving to death in the world.

Quote:So take it up with either Mohammad or God, which ever one you believe taught them to do what they do.
I'm starting to think you're a troll mystic. You're giving me weird vibes and coming off as most insincere right now.
Welsh Cake, I don't think that fasting in Ramadan is comparable to starving ourselves. Why? Because in Ramadan, there is a certain time to stop eating and a certain time to start eating again. We have certain rules, routines, and recommendations that we follow so that we don't cause any significant harm to our health during the fasting.

I think that the main lesson behind the Islamic fasting is that sometimes we have to sacrifice our temptations or the desire for something pleasurable for the cause of a higher end, or for the sake of God, essentially. Refraining from food for a certain period of time is a way of showing our love and our obedience to Him.

Another lesson is that we have to seek the spiritual pleasures more than the material pleasures of this world, and this particular message is conveyed in many places throughout the Quran, i.e. that material pleasures such as food, money, sex, and all that stuff will be of no benefit to us in the next life. All those thing will disappear one day (according to Muslim belief), but our deeds and our actions will be recorded and they will not disappear unlike the tangible things that we see around us.

You don't have to agree with me, of course, but that is just my own understanding of fasting in Ramadan and the wisdom behind it. That is what I believe is the reason for fasting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ramadan 2019: a late congratulation WinterHold 6 1631 May 15, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Ramadan Fasting yragnitup 15 2193 May 8, 2019 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: madog
  The problem with Ramadan CapnAwesome 30 7275 January 29, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5116 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  An ex-muslim fasting ramadan Lebneni Murtad 15 6888 June 17, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ramadan has come. WinterHold 36 10901 May 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Understanding the Ramadan Massacre in Orlando (David Wood) mralstoner 32 6811 June 18, 2016 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Part of the Ummah and serve alcohol during Ramadan? We kill you! ReptilianPeon 1 1091 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
  Ramadan on Luna or in the Arctic Circle? ReptilianPeon 21 5438 June 22, 2015 at 3:21 am
  Mental Tricks in Islam : Ramadan Fasting exMohammed 2 2393 August 17, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: ShaMan