Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramadan on Luna or in the Arctic Circle?
Ramadan on Luna or in the Arctic Circle?
When you see reports of people (children in this case) fainting from a lack of water, you know Ramadan is upon us. Or how about this: Ramadan fast in UK 'should be shortened' says scholar. Spare a thought for people in the Arctic Circle who would die of thirst before Ramadan is over. Allah never said the further away from Earth's Equator you live the less you have to fast so people are obviously interpreting scrupture to suit their own desires.

In my opinion, retrofitting the Quran is sign that it has already failed but the religionists don't want to admit that. Allah (Muhammad) never talked about how Ramadan on the moon would be impossible or how prayer towards Mecca is really only possible if you live close enough to the Kaaba.

If you live on the Earth's moon you often can't pray towards Mecca. It's tidally locked to the Earth so there's no sunrise or sunset so you can't fast for Ramadan and your Salat will fail (because it's dependent on the position of the sun in the sky). Knowing this, I feel extremely insulted when people try to tell me the Quran is miraculous.

RE: Ramadan on Luna or in the Arctic Circle?
Don't worry, if we ever manage to get off this piece of rock, this would be a nice excuse to let the turbanheads stay back...after all praying is more important than survival.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I just finished the article about children fainting. Some Muslims are upset that there is a negative story about his religion and think that the parents should have been told quietly. 

If you aren't feeding your child through the day and they faint or can't learn at school then you shouldn't have custody of those children. It doesn't matter if you are abusing your children for religious reasons or not.
Minor quibble.  The moon's rotation being tidally locked with the earth means there would be no earth rise or earth set, and the earth would be more or less fixed in the sky anywhere on the moon.

There would still be sun rise and sun set.   There would just be 14 days between them.  A long, nearly lethal time to fast even if you are permitted to drink.
Well that's just fucking bullshit.

Starving and dehydrating your children like that, it goes against all parental instincts.... unless your brain's been turned to mush by blindly following no more practical religious traditions like sheep

and of course, the holy outrage when *negative* attention is drawn to your precious death cult...disgusting
"Where's the harm?" they cry. Add this to the pile. Sickening. How can a parent care more about an undemonstrated magical being than the children they are entirely responsible for?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
When I was 9-13 years old, my mother only told me to fast till noon or a little before afternoon. I love you, mom <3
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Bit off topic, but this came to mind reading this thread:

Are the religious more likely to stay behind if we're able to get off this planet? Also, the thought occurred to me that with two separate planets being inhabited by humans, it will be the first time in history that we could be at war with two superpowers and NOT have mutually assured destruction as a deterrent. Devil

This thought followed from the idea of a planet inhabited mainly by theists, and their taste for war.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Quote:Allah never said the further away from Earth's Equator you live the less you have to fast

I wonder why fucking allah didn't get that?

[Image: 7af40b71d955c0345754a87e795f2736.jpg]

Oh, right.
(June 15, 2015 at 12:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: 7af40b71d955c0345754a87e795f2736.jpg]

Except for the flood.

Oh wait, that never fucking happened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ramadan 2019: a late congratulation WinterHold 6 1629 May 15, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Ramadan Fasting yragnitup 15 2188 May 8, 2019 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: madog
  The problem with Ramadan CapnAwesome 30 7274 January 29, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5114 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  An ex-muslim fasting ramadan Lebneni Murtad 15 6888 June 17, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ramadan has come. WinterHold 36 10900 May 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Understanding the Ramadan Massacre in Orlando (David Wood) mralstoner 32 6807 June 18, 2016 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Part of the Ummah and serve alcohol during Ramadan? We kill you! ReptilianPeon 1 1090 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Mental Tricks in Islam : Ramadan Fasting exMohammed 2 2393 August 17, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  eid and ramadan paulpablo 23 8639 August 10, 2013 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: ThatMuslimGuy2