Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheer Up, Limeys. The Daily Show is Back
Cheer Up, Limeys. The Daily Show is Back
Jon Stewart announced the return of The Daily Show to the UK.

( Must have been that report on the Queen's Jubilee that did it!)
RE: Cheer Up, Limeys. The Daily Show is Back
yeah............ Why did they shut that down? Was it Jon's jokes about the queen? Or was it Murdoch's doing?
I've never seen it on in the UK. I always just spoof my IP and the Anericans servers think I'm one of them.
Yeah they keep showing it on adverts on comedy central.
That probably explains why I've never seen it either.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I watch it all online anyway...
Cunt
(July 25, 2012 at 3:57 am)Tiberius Wrote: I've never seen it on in the UK. I always just spoof my IP and the Anericans servers think I'm one of them.

We are easily fooled. Just look at the Romney campaign for evidence.
On why it was banned:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-r...n-england/
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
So, it's illegal to praise Parliament in a satirical news show?

I'll let Pete Hogwallop explain my views on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM-G0bkl8MQ

I was going to find Chef saying "That doesn't make any goddamn sense" from "Cancelled", but it wasn't on Youtube.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Actually it makes a little more sense than the way it's being portayed. It's nothing to do with regulating what can be said about Parliament in either a satirical or congratulatory context (although I can see how the law might be manipulated toward that end); rather it's all about the use of Parliamentary TV footage to do so. Satire has long been one of our country's greatest freedoms: Hogarth, Punch Magazine, Private Eye, TW3, right up to Spitting Image, Yes Minister, Have I Got News For You and Mock The Week. The laws regarding the use of Parliamentary content were set in place due to the installation of cameras in the Commons and Lords when Parliament was initially televised. I think it's more towards a copyright issue than anything else, and certainly not a freedom of speech thing.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World Nut Daily failing The Valkyrie 13 1090 April 3, 2019 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A President Show Documentary: The Fall of Donald Trump Fake Messiah 0 324 October 18, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Netflix Show-- Maniac bennyboy 2 255 September 24, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your daily dragon... Gawdzilla Sama 30 1422 August 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Joss Whedon's new show Foxaèr 13 1239 July 16, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Favorite old Cartoon Network show? ƵenKlassen 1 411 November 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Alexmahone
  Favorite old Nickelodeon show? ƵenKlassen 22 1841 November 25, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pull the spindle out of his butt, shove it in his mouth, and cancel his TV show ! vorlon13 7 843 April 5, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watched a great show & NDE Foxaèr 2 588 January 28, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  HBO's Biggest Sunday Night Show returns 2/12 SteelCurtain 2 810 January 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain