Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars landing in about 2 hours
Mars landing in about 2 hours
Curiosity is scheduled to land on Mars at 05:31 UTC. Live streaming of the coverage of the event will be available from both NASA and ESA.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Mars landing in about 2 hours
I stayed up all night to watch it but I'm fading. Sad
This is excellent news but I prophesy I'll be unconscious when it actually touches down. Looking forward to catching up with all the data though.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Normally I'd be at work, but due to an rheumatoid arthritis flare, I'm home to watch it. (Hurray for NASA TV!) Finally my arthritis is good for something. Tiger
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist
I'm still awake but they're talking about peanut butter or some shit. 22 minutes to entry!!! I am disappoint.
It appears that eating peanuts has gotten to be something of a tradition at Mission Control around the time of the landing for Mars rovers. Funny how we humans do stuff stuff like that.
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist
You suffer from Arthritis? If you don't mind me asking: Where in your body and when did you contract it?
I don't mind, Gambit. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis about eight months ago after various joint issues - mainly in my back and knees. I was diagnosed as also having rheumatoid arthritis on July 20th of this year after a flare involving pretty much every joint between my neck and ankles. Osteoarthritis is 'wear and tear' arthritis - just in the course of daily living, you wear down the cartilage in your joints. It generally manifests in your larger joints first as pain, some swelling, and joint stiffness. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that attacks the lining of the joints causing pain, tenderness, swelling, degeneration, and eventually deformity. It often manifests in your smaller joints first. I have one form or the other of it in virtually every joint in my body both large and small and in many cases I have both forms.

[Image: 7sT4L.jpg]
Mandidit....not god!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China soft lands a probe on Mars. Anomalocaris 16 1385 October 28, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Successful Helicopter Flight On Mars BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1090 April 20, 2021 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Perseverance Lander minutes away from Mars. Gawdzilla Sama 27 1455 March 30, 2021 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  3 Spacecraft Arriving on Mars in Quick Succession Fake Messiah 16 1162 February 18, 2021 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Mars has flowing water according to NASA A Theist 2 1393 September 28, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: abaris
  SpaceX soft landing fails zebo-the-fat 9 2468 January 12, 2015 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Violet
  Mars - Water from long long ago. Minimalist 3 1300 December 9, 2014 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Scientists Speculate on Top-Secret Mars Rover Discovery Forsaken 10 6519 December 4, 2012 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Curiosity spots partial solar eclipse from surface of Mars Jackalope 0 1547 September 17, 2012 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New hi-def images from Mars Cyberman 30 10851 September 11, 2012 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Cyberman