Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida Atheist Billboard
Florida Atheist Billboard
Has anybody seen any news stories about the Atheist billboard in Ft Lauderdale Fl? http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2009/July/...Billboard/

It's so rediculous. Even if I was a theist I would find this rediculous! First of all, there is absolutely nothing offensive about that billboard. It doesn't say "there's no god" or anything of the like. All it says is, atheists are good people and if you dont believe in god, there are others out there like you! How anyone, even a christian, can find offense to that I do not know. It's not trying to convince anyone of atheist beliefs. The people that are going to respond to that billboard are already going to be skeptics. I doubt a christian is going to see that billboard and say "wow, all of a sudden I dont believe in god!"

And, Bottom line, atheists have as much right to put that on a billboard as christians or anyone else have to put their beliefs on a billboard. The only difference is, Christian billboards actually try to convince you of things.

There's a few videos floating around of news stories too. You can tell they didnt put it up in the most intelligent neighborhood, lol, but that's all I'll say...
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
RE: Florida Atheist Billboard
It's the typical hypocritical thinking from Christians that are bitching about this billboard. They have no problem with God/Jesus advertisements being stamped up on every other corner, but have issue with anyone that goes against that.

I personally wish that billboard was placed in every state on every major highway that runs through it.

I also like the advertisements that were place on buses in London as well....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
How funny. And that woman saying that with all the drugs and crime they need something to believe in. Well, Christianity obviously hasn't worked so let's give free-thinking a go Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
hahaha, darwinian- thats the first thing that i thought too!
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Billboard Begynol 48 11466 March 23, 2012 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah