Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:34 am

Poll: Who would/will you vote for in the U.S. presidential race if it were held tomorrow?
This poll is closed.
Obama
75.00%
9 75.00%
Romney
0%
0 0%
Other (as an absurd gesture)
8.33%
1 8.33%
Other (for the win!)
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Pointless Poll - Who would you vote for U.S. president?
Another Pointless Poll - Who would you vote for U.S. president?
Just a couple more months before we find out if the U.S. will throw out its first black president in order to install its first Mormon one. So ... if the election were held today, who would get your vote? Since we essentially have a two party system I will of course give you a choice for tweedle dumb and tweedle smart. I'm also going to give you two choices for "other" so you can express your rationale, but you'll have to tell us which one you like in your post because this is my fucking poll.

Choice A: Running in the blue trunks and representing all that is good, we have Obama, the current champion. Obama successfully ran on a platform of "yes we can" in the last election but some of those who voted for him last time are now saying "oh no, you didn't". A pragmatist with a willingness to compromise, some describe him as the candidate of incremental change. I'm voting for Obama.

Choice B: Running in the red trunks and representing rapacious capitalism and the empowerment of the individual through the elimination of any social safety net, we have Romney. The original author of Massachussets' version of Obamacare when he was their governor, Mitty has turned the etch-a-sketch on that position. Running in the primary Romney positioned himself to the right of reason, but is expected to say what ever it takes to win this race in the general election. I'm voting for Romney.

Choice C: I'm voting for "other" because I resent a system that allows only two choices. I refuse to be limited to the lesser of two evils. I want what I want and I can live with who ever actually gets elected. After all, what really is the difference between a candidate who delivers so little of what was promised and one who would veto any attempt to deliver those same things?

Choice D: I'm voting for "other" because I really believe __________ is above and beyond superior to either Choice A or B, and, I believe in my heart of hearts that (s)he really will win this election. When elected my candidate will work tirelessly and successfully for full employment, free everything and, of course, world peace.
RE: Another Pointless Poll - Who would you vote for U.S. president?
How about:

Choice E: I'm voting for "other" because it's not a two-party system, and __________ better represents my political views.

My main objections to Choices C and D are:

1) It's not a system that only allows two choices, therefore you aren't limited to the lesser of two evils.
2) Whether you think ________ will win the election is not why you should vote for them.
3) "free everything / world peace" are ridiculous goals for the leader of a single country.
(August 10, 2012 at 10:28 am)Tiberius Wrote: How about:

Choice E: I'm voting for "other" because it's not a two-party system, and __________ better represents my political views.

Maybe but I'm picking up strong overtones of Choice C.

Big Grin
Where I come from, you'd have better luck trying to get a person to talk about the time they saw their parents having sex, than getting them to admit who they're going to vote for. Maybe people from Michigan are just weird that way. Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

(August 10, 2012 at 10:43 am)whateverist Wrote: Maybe but I'm picking up strong overtones of Choice C.
Actually, the first section of Choice D would suit me fine. I don't vote for people because I believe they will win the election; I vote for them because they represent the best candidate (in my view), and I hope other people feel the same way.

I disagree with the statement "When elected my candidate will work tirelessly and successfully for full employment, free everything and, of course, world peace." because full employment should be the responsibility of employers, not the government; nothing is ever truly "free"; and world peace will not come as the result of one person or even one country, but as the result of everyone.
D: I'm voting for Ron Paul because he seems honest, doesn't talk shit, and defends his positions no matter how much criticism comes his way. I also believe that he's most likely to make the changes needed to turn 'merica around. I'm not from the U.S., but still, that would be my vote.
if the election were held today, i'd be voting for obama (if you say "of course", then fuck you. /kidding). but i will not say with certainty that that can't change if he goes anymore off course. right now i'm still holding onto my views of him and i think he's still the same guy that campaigned in 08 but that he's taken too much of the "i dont wanna be the aggressive black guy that people think about", so he's gone too far in the wrong direction to try to at least get something done in the right direction (if that makes any sense). getting something done is at least showing he has earned his pay and i wish congress over the last 2 yrs were able to say that.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
I'm not American, but if I were, I'd vote for Gary Johnson and I'd use Tiberius's E option =P
Quote:1) It's not a system that only allows two choices, therefore you aren't limited to the lesser of two evils.

How little you understand what is going on over here, Divo Tiberio.
(August 10, 2012 at 10:28 am)Tiberius Wrote: How about:

My main objections to Choices C and D are:

1) It's not a system that only allows two choices, therefore you aren't limited to the lesser of two evils.
2) Whether you think ________ will win the election is not why you should vote for them.
3) "free everything / world peace" are ridiculous goals for the leader of a single country.

It's a system that allows multiple choices, but only two who could possibly win. Voting for any of the others would never create the slightest chance of any of those others winning, but it does take a vote away from whichever of the two who could win, that you would however slightly prefer to the other. So there are multiple choices. However all but one of the choices collapse to the equivalent of a vote for that of the two plausible winners whom you hate more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI support Poll neil 58 2709 April 1, 2024 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4684 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 889 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 5112 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 887 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1480 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1743 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 25205 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 965 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7817 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker