Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hippie" turned Christian Recording Artist
"Hippie" turned Christian Recording Artist

Now... who would like to point out the obvious flaws in this story?

Oh by the way, this guy was never a fucking hippie.
He was just a druggie, big difference.

Heavy drugs were introduced on the cheap as part of a private CIA war against the rebellious sixties counter culture turning alot of young, intelligent and promising hippies fighting for civil rights into lazy, drooling morons content to do nothing more than find their next hit. This Black Panthers were also a victim of this tactic with slightly different consequences.
Dickheads like this guy are simply the after-birth of that regrettable set of circumstances. -.-
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: "Hippie" turned Christian Recording Artist
What fucking poseur.

Couldn't possibly be any worse than the terminally tedious Cat Stevens,who became the extreme right wing Muslim, Yusuf Islam

Sadly, Cat/Yusuf is touring again in the UK. I understand he sounds just fine for an 85 year old man. Unfortunately, he has only just turned 64.

Lest you think I'm being unkind:

(1) His comments about Salmun Rushdie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Stevens...an_Rushdie

(2) A clip of one of his hits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2rDp6FnbP0
Thanks for the great vid RD.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I actually tried to find the last embers of the original hippy culture last night to get their side of the story.
The closest I found was a group of "neo-hippies" called the "Rainbow Family of Living Light."... yeah, I know.
From what I can tell they try to stay off the radar as much as possible for some reason. One message on there was from a Mother to her sons Father to tell him his son had graduated, that he'd already been away four years and could he come back long enough to congratulate him. No response.

Anyway, I put the message up asking for any information they have and I go for a bathroom break, I come back and its the blue screen of death.
I realize I'm still on the net and my system is wide open at this point so I turn it off quickly.
It was a really hot night and its very possible it could of overheated but I'm also paranoid I might of been the victim of an attack. Seems improbable, my anti-virus is usually pretty good. Running a scan, doubt it'll pick up anything.
I've noticed my system has slowed down abit, can't be a good sign. Took forever to build this thing. -.-
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
He just traded one drug for another.

Plus, I am appalled at his echoing of this Christian sentiment, "I'm not worthy of mercy; I am worthy of death." Self-loathing FTW.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cards Against Humanity Recording dyresand 4 1154 October 2, 2015 at 12:27 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Software for recording videos and adding commentary? ReptilianPeon 3 903 May 27, 2015 at 9:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
Thumbs Down A week turned into two amd a half months. Keri 24 4731 December 13, 2014 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Name the artist little_monkey 5 1308 July 19, 2013 at 7:44 am
Last Post: little_monkey
  They turned this down for Johny Test reverendjeremiah 2 1546 February 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Beliefs turned nasty Craveman 5 2193 November 14, 2009 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13