Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic Webcam Zoom
Epic Webcam Zoom
So I've been doing some personal research into webcams that are accessible over the Internet without authentication, and I found a few which are controllable (i.e. you can make the camera pan, tilt, etc.)

This one seems to be in a South Korean hair salon, but the camera itself is fitted with a very powerful zooming mode.

[Image: 5woeS.jpg]

Pretty epic. Now I just need to find a similar camera in an English speaking country, zoom in on some company docs, and phone them up.
RE: Epic Webcam Zoom
South Korea? But that note is in Japanese.. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

The IP suggested it was South Korea, so I'm probably wrong. Can you read what it says?
Aye, I think that is Japanese... don't know what it says though.
Cunt
From my awful understanding of Japanese I got

カルテナシ = Karutenashi

Then it corrected me to カルテなし = No medical record

2nd line I got

カルテナよし = Yoshi Karutena which seems to be a name Big Grin

Most likely this is all completely incorrect but I tried Tongue

As for the next two lines I have no fucking idea. I might give it a go later Tongue
I can't read much Japanese... I can speak a wee bit, but that is as far as I have gotten so far.
Cunt
(August 25, 2012 at 7:51 am)frankiej Wrote: I can't read much Japanese... I can speak a wee bit, but that is as far as I have gotten so far.

I'm terrible. In fact I had the honor of being worst in my class of 4 Big Grin

By the end I could say a few phrases without knowing what they meant and got pretty beast at some origami which I have now forgotten.

(August 25, 2012 at 7:50 am)Insanity x Wrote: From my awful understanding of Japanese I got

カルテナシ = Karutenashi

Then it corrected me to カルテなし = No medical record

Might mean カルテナ シ the シ meaning system like Karutena System then the number his System ID or something.
(August 25, 2012 at 7:17 am)Tiberius Wrote: Can you read what it says?

Unfortunately no. I just recognize the hiragana/katakana symbols, and since I don't know any Japanese it is gibberish to me. And I have no hope whatsoever to read the kanjis Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

@Insanity x: A name / system ID seems more likely than a medical note, since this is a hair salon.
(August 25, 2012 at 8:14 am)Tiberius Wrote: @Insanity x: A name / system ID seems more likely than a medical note, since this is a hair salon.

Yeah. Like I said my Japanese is terrible but thought I'd give it a try anyway Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone help beta test my webcam app? Tiberius 2 1773 April 26, 2013 at 9:20 am
Last Post: panda bear
  Public Webcam Interface #2 - Twice the webcams, twice the creepiness. Tiberius 7 3124 October 5, 2012 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Public Webcam Interface Tiberius 2 2796 August 27, 2012 at 9:50 am
  TRENDnet Webcam Links Tiberius 4 6051 February 24, 2012 at 6:53 am