Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Webcam Interface
Public Webcam Interface
As I've mentioned recently, I've been doing some research into webcams that are accessible over the Internet. These webcams are discovered using various techniques which I won't be sharing, but suffice to say some of them were clearly not supposed to be accessible. This is due to either a bad setup or a security vulnerability in the camera software.

So far I have discovered 691 viewable cameras, and I'm adding more as I find / confirm them. In order to better view these cameras, I developed a simple web interface for them:

http://cryptogasm.com/webcams/

The interface by default displays 16 webcam feeds in a 4x4 grid. This can be altered by adding 'rows' and 'cols' parameters to the URL. For instance, if you wanted to only see 4 webcams in a 2x2 grid, you would alter the URL to this: http://cryptogasm.com/webcams/?cols=2&rows=2

Pagination is automatically calculated according to the number of webcams you have set to be displayed per page. Obviously the more cameras you have loaded per page, the higher the amount of bandwidth you will be using, so don't go overboard. You won't increase the bandwidth use of the server though; (almost) everything is done client side.

Clicking on an image will open it in a new window / tab. Pressing the 'Escape' will stop the loading of all webcams on the page (though the last loaded frame should remain).

I'm planning on removing any feeds that feature children / residential areas.
RE: Public Webcam Interface
(August 26, 2012 at 11:29 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'm planning on removing any feeds that feature children / residential areas.

Yeah there's one (make that two that I've seen so far, I'm on page 9 of 45) in there that is aimed right into a child's cot, that's pretty fucked up.(edit2: make that three(edit3: make it four, I think you get the message)

Oh and there's another one where you can see some guy jacking off. Gross.

Edit: There's actually quite a lot which are just straight into people's living rooms and bedrooms.
RE: Public Webcam Interface
So far I've removed 18 25 feeds of cots / children's beds. If you find any that I've missed, please either PM me the link to the feed or the page it is on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Do you think social media affects public opinion? WinterHold 14 852 January 12, 2021 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can anyone help beta test my webcam app? Tiberius 2 1773 April 26, 2013 at 9:20 am
Last Post: panda bear
  Public Webcam Interface #2 - Twice the webcams, twice the creepiness. Tiberius 7 3123 October 5, 2012 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Epic Webcam Zoom Tiberius 27 7331 August 26, 2012 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  TRENDnet Webcam Links Tiberius 4 6050 February 24, 2012 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius