Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help beta test my webcam app?
Can anyone help beta test my webcam app?
So as I've spoken about before on here, I've created a web application for displaying feeds from thousands of exposed webcams on the Internet.

http://cryptogasm.com/webcams/

What I've been working on recently (as a result of meeting a journalist at Defcon London) is getting GeoIP for all the cameras in the viewer. Doing that was actually the easy part, but I wanted to make them all searchable.

So began an annoyingly complex journey into prepared MySQL statements in PHP, how to even parse complex search queries, and trying desperately to get the database to match on weird characters like 'ã'.

Anyway, it should all work now, but obviously I need some testers before I release it to the world. The previous search function matched the string you typed to the URL. This one is more advanced. It will match individual words or phrases (enclosed in quotation marks). Matches depend on *ALL* search terms being matched, so if one of them does not match anything, you'll get no results.

Additionally, you can use several GeoIP operators:

city:
region:
continent:

Most should be self-explanatory. The "region" depends on the country; in the US it usually means the State. In the UK, it's usually the county.

An example search might be: city:London /anony/

That would show you all the feeds in London which had /anony/ as part of the URL. You can also give phrases to these operators, for instance to search for New York: city:"New York".

The operators use partial match searching, so city:York will match both the English town and New York. To filter down to only the English town, you would have to use country:"United Kingdom" or something similar in the search terms.

For now please use this URL if you want to test: http://cryptogasm.com/webcams/index2.php

Once everything is working well, I'll migrate the changes over to the new site.
RE: Can anyone help beta test my webcam app?
Looks cool!
A few cameras are down and my searches yield almost nothing, but heck... I could find some cams in country:portugal! Wink
RE: Can anyone help beta test my webcam app?
why is it stopt working?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Anyone here use ECU Test? Jehanne 2 522 September 1, 2022 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Test if a ZIP is infected FlatAssembler 21 2246 June 11, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Solar System simulation: my latest web app. WinterHold 8 1017 February 7, 2020 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  My maturity test FlatAssembler 14 1630 January 10, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Google's Mobile-Friendly Test Driving Me Batty: What am I Doing Wrong? Rhondazvous 10 2822 August 14, 2015 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  My android app on google play ! Back up your contacts to Email WinterHold 6 2122 January 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Broadband speed test Darwinian 3 1837 April 18, 2014 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Public Webcam Interface #2 - Twice the webcams, twice the creepiness. Tiberius 7 3123 October 5, 2012 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Public Webcam Interface Tiberius 2 2795 August 27, 2012 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Epic Webcam Zoom Tiberius 27 7331 August 26, 2012 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Napoléon