Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your username
Your username
How did you get it? What inspired you when you picked it?
Being an Arsenal London fan I got mine from the Dutch legend Marc Overmars, because I have a deep respect for him.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
RE: Your username
A few years ago I went by MiNT because, I am. Since then I've been going by my real name as I no longer see the point of posting under a pseudonym.
Hoi Zaeme.
"Hayter" is a play on the words "Hate her" because I'm a misogynist. "Adrian" is a joke about those "just add water" products they were selling in the 90's. "Just add water" became "just add rain", then "add rain", then "ad rian"...

Yeah...it's just my name.
It's actually my real name...I thought most people would not know the difference, especially on an Atheist forum with a Biblical name such as "Samson".....LOL
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
My username refers to a specific type of mycelial structure that is advantageous to fruiting. Mycelium is the vegatative part of the mushroom but also comprises the actual fruitbody that we commonly call a mushroom. I learned the term when I studied the mushroom life cycle to learn how to grow mushrooms at home. Paul Stamets has a great book called, "The Mushroom Cultivator" that goes into great detail about each step in the life cycle as well as growing parameters for many choice edibles.

I am a mycophile,
Rhizo
The Leo part in my username is pretty self evident. Big Grin

The RCC part has nothing to do with the Roman Catholic Church, but the Roosendaalse Computer Club (Roosendaal being the place where I used to live). Out robotwars team used to be a part of the RCC, hence the Team-RCC website.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Good thread.

EvidenceVsFaith refers to two sides, the side of those who use Evidence and not faith, because faith is absence of evidence....and the side that whenever it feels like it (usually when it applies to their religion!) use "Faith".

I got the idea because if there was one thing I got most of all from Richard Dawkins book TGD it was the emphasis on how important Evidence is, and how idiotic and potentially destructive (and basically how delusional...) "Faith" can be. Faith being defined as..."Belief without evidence".

I side with evidence lol Smile

EvF
Copy pasta from the shoutbox: Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander. It's mispelled, should be one N (Eilonwy) but I added the n because Eilonwy was taken at most places for a username
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
People who follow call themselves Christian, so, as I am firmly in the Darwin camp I called myself Darwinian. Simples...
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(July 8, 2009 at 11:14 am)Overmars Wrote: How did you get it? What inspired you when you picked it?
Being an Arsenal London fan I got mine from the Dutch legend Marc Overmars, because I have a deep respect for him.

Mine is the name of a character in George Orwell's " Down and Out in Paris and London ". Bozo is a tramp and is described as an " embittered atheist " i.e. the kind of atheist who not so much disbelieves in god but positively dislikes him.

I both disbelieve and despise the very idea.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2738 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1518 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your username in meme form! ignoramus 45 3102 June 23, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Joods
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 27288 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  My username change Foxaèr 41 6045 May 1, 2018 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Joods
  New username suggestions Foxaèr 33 3361 April 2, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My username Alexmahone 9 1324 March 22, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Unless she changed her username... Foxaèr 7 927 March 1, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Losty
  Should I gloriously change my username? Dystopia 25 2389 January 27, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Explain your username Longhorn 168 17413 November 25, 2015 at 8:36 am
Last Post: thool