Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:03 am

Poll: Where do youkeep your enemies?
This poll is closed.
As far away as possible
40.00%
8 40.00%
On the end of a long handled spoon
10.00%
2 10.00%
Tied up and in the corner
10.00%
2 10.00%
My enemies tend to die suddenly
10.00%
2 10.00%
Me? I haven't got an enemy in the world
30.00%
6 30.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close?
Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close?
Where is the sense in that?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close?
Ease-of-stabbing.

(it's a comment on keeping close tabs on people who mean you harm; you can turn your back on a friend..you can't turn your back on an enemy.)

Sidebar, I wish I had identifiable enemies in life.  The clarity of purpose and action would be amazing.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close?
It means keep an eye on your friends, and keep a super sharp eye on your enemies. It doesn't mean like invite them to tea and let them spend the night in your home or anything.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

"I have two fine daughters and a flagon of mead, why don;t you come on over to my place Bill!"

-later that night, a murder.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 4, 2018 at 6:11 pm)Khemikal Wrote: "I have two fine daughters and a flagon of mead, why don;t you come on over to my place Beowulf!"

-later that night,  a murder.

Fixed for, uh, mead.

I kinda figure a beowulf would be a bill nowadays.  A  Max Kilrothgar  would probably be a Philippe, for irony.
How else will you lure them into a false sense of safety and be able to administer the chloroform, giving you the time to get your hacksaw, hammer and nailgun ready?
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Tied up in a corner was very tempting, but then you have to feed 'em and they tend to talk.  So as far away as possible works for me.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I don't have an enemy. I've had enemies. They got bored of bothering me in the end.

And no, I didn't kill them. And they were only enemies because they made it that way.

Eventually cunts get bored and go and be a cunt to someone else, in my experience.

They'd probably stay mistreating me if I gave them too much feedback. Which I often do. But I get exhausted after a while and then they get bored, I think.

Also I end up blocking them on the internet or moving out if it's in RL.
Does "enemies closer" mean ruff sex? Not really my thing.

I do keep an eye on my adversaries.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 506 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help keep the forum up and running. arewethereyet 3 606 December 31, 2020 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Signs you're close to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. no one 4 464 October 11, 2020 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Can you filthy foreigners please invite your friends? Losty 43 2949 May 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1671 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4790 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1781 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Describe your body type and the ideal body you would like. The Valkyrie 34 4420 May 4, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman. Brian37 20 5258 January 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How would you like to dispose of your body when the time comes? Whateverist 107 13097 December 19, 2017 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus