Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastwood vs. the empty chair
Eastwood vs. the empty chair
Did anyone else here watch Clint Eastwood argue with the empty chair for ten minutes? Does anyone have any idea what he was thinking with that stunt? Is it just me or did he look kinda incoherent and maybe a little senile?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Eastwood vs. the empty chair
He could not have all his wits about him if he accepted the invitation to speak at republican national convention.
(August 31, 2012 at 1:24 am)TaraJo Wrote: Did anyone else here watch Clint Eastwood argue with the empty chair for ten minutes? Does anyone have any idea what he was thinking with that stunt? Is it just me or did he look kinda incoherent and maybe a little senile?

The man is 82 years old and very likely his mental faculties aren't what they were when he was younger, so i will cut him some slack.
undefined
Looks like Josey Wales is falling into senility.
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
Link?
I frankly wonder about the mental faculties of anyone who would support the GOP at all today, given how badly they trashed up the country and the world during the last administration.

If I lived in a rational country, the GOP in 2009 would have gone the way of the Federalist Party after their 1812 disaster.

These people wrecked my country and the world. How are they getting away with still existing at all, never mind proposing the exact same policies that wrecked everything in the first place?

And still Romney is in a dead heat with Obama. What is wrong with my country?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Who won?
(August 31, 2012 at 10:56 am)Gambit Wrote: Link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiHNVYRTKP8

The Republican solidified their position as the party of the angry old white guy and they made just a little more progress towards the position as the party of the crazy/stupid people. Just one thing worries me; next election, what are they going to do? Are they going to look at the polls that show Romney alienating gays, racial minorities, women and young voters and give us a candidate who will appeal more to those? They can do it, too; Mark Rubio would be an excellent choice and even Condi Rice would work. Or will they say "We lost because we weren't conservative enough!" and bring in a candidate who is even more out there like Santorum or Bachmann?

I hope it's the earlier one, I really do. They'll have an easier time getting elected, sure, but it will be the first step towards bringing sanity back to the GOP. If they can't get the crazies out of the Republicans, the party will die and be replaced with a new political party.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
You know, I've been a longtime admirer of his movies, but I'm still shocked he managed to get a speech at the RNC. I mean, someone like John Wayne I can see, but even after reading about his political views, the fact remains that I'm still confused, especially considering that he:

* Has been against every war we fought in since Korea (with the apparent exception of the First Gulf War).
* Supported Gray Davis as governor of California.
* Is Pro-Choice
* Is Pro-Same Sex Marriage
* Is pro E.R.A.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Meh, thats not so bad.
I've never quite forgiven him for ruining Harry Callahan for me.
He couldn't just leave it alone could he? No, he had to go star in "The Dead Pool".
Holy shit that was embarrassing.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hillary should not have immediately offered the disgraced DNC chair a job. Whateverist 12 1637 July 30, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  The empty GOP midterm victory of 2014 Ryantology 17 2360 November 29, 2014 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Heywood