Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Onion: Letters to the Editor
The Onion: Letters to the Editor
I don't know how to link to these since they're on a scrolling banner, so I'll just give the link I was given on Facebook and let you take it from there:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/blindness-vow,29402/

(Also, I'm obliged to state that thier disclaimer that "The Onion is not intended for readers under 18 years of age" so as to keep myself out of the shit.)

Quote:Great News, Mr. The Onion!
For a limited time, enjoy complimentary access to The New York Times online. Just use access code: pleasegoddontabandonusnowplease.

Bill Keller, Executive Editor

Quote:Dear The Onion,
I'm having a real hard time today, and I just wanted millions of people to know. Thanks.

Bill Daniels, Belmont, MA

Quote: Dear The Onion,
Unfortunately, I have to cancel my subscription since I’m joining a monastery and taking a vow of blindness.

Johnny Chen, Vienna, VA

By the time you read this I will have canceled my subscription. I know this may be difficult for you to hear, but I’ve found another newspaper that informs me in ways I never thought possible. It’s the Dubuque Telegraph Herald and I’m moving to Iowa to be with it. I’m sorry. Take care of yourself.

Ethan Thompson, Seattle, WA

My favorite dish broke while wrapped and packed in your newspaper. Enclosed is a bill for $20.

Daniel Papp, Solon, OH

Quote:Dear The Onion
In the future, could you keep those of us who are trying to piece together ransom notes in mind and print a few more Q, W, and Y words?

John Norton, Houston, TX

It seems like we only ever communicate about the weather or current events anymore. So, really, The Onion, how are you doing?

Candi Wheeler, Biloxi, MS

Due to my increased work schedule, I will no longer have time to write in as much. Accordingly, please publish fewer stories that irritate me.

Ryan Doolittle, Riverside, CA

Please remove the stars covering the nipples of the models on the last few pages.

Kurt Blankenship, Flint, MI

Enclosed is a weird smell that’s been lingering in my kitchen for a good month now. It’s like wet ham, but with an undercurrent of scorched hair. Any idea where it’s coming from?

Jim Winning, Tulsa, OK

Is this a bad time? I could write another letter later if that would work better? Okay then.

Barbara Adams, Lincoln, NE
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: The Onion: Letters to the Editor
Just loaded the onion for iPhone...funny as!! ROFLOL
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From the Onion: god under investigation for failure to provide drfuzzy 0 664 September 9, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  [The Onion] Pros and Cons of Homeschooling pocaracas 0 854 May 5, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  [the onion] dispassion of christ pocaracas 0 1316 September 24, 2012 at 11:55 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Best Onion, in ever. In ever. Skipper 5 1664 March 3, 2011 at 9:26 am
Last Post: Jaysyn